Forums

Topic: SNES VC for older 3ds

Posts 161 to 180 of 226

GameOtaku

And yes accuracy is all subjective. You show someone the new 3ds SNES VC and they would say it's inaccurate, you show another and it's fine. I'm not going to complain about slowdown I don't know is supposed to exist or not afterall the games are 25 years old slowdown was kinda a thing back then.

GameOtaku

Bass_X0

Even if you don't know it exists, I'm sure you would prefer to play as games at the intended speed than games that do have slow down.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Octane

We were so close to letting this thread die...

Maybe next time!

Octane

Bass_X0

@Octane Meowpheel closed a thread discussing SNES games on New 3DS Virtual Console saying that there was another thread discussing SNES games on New 3DS Virtual Console to discuss the games on, which would be this one.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

GameOtaku

@Bass_X0
But if you didn't know it existed would it really affect you that much? I don't think the slowdown would be that noticeable, or since they have already segmented the VC community as is now since there are 20 nes titles (non zapper related) that wiiu has that 3ds has never gotten so one or 2 snes games that don't come to the original models because of some stupid hardware limitations that the new can overcome, most games should play to their standards.

GameOtaku

Eel

@Bass_X0 I actually, I think I closed that one for necroposting. It was even older than this one.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KevTastic84

If GBA games can run on it, i think they could make SNES games work. But they also needed an incentive for people to upgrade to the NEW 3DS models. The lack of unique titles just for the NEW models was never much of an incentive.

..and Plumbings our game.... https://youtu.be/Vxj_ARoHiu4 Black Arrow Game Talk Episode One is now Live

Nintendo Network ID: kevtastic84 | Twitter:

GameOtaku

Why would you want to close the thread. No new VC titles in over 2 years on 3ds except for Pokemon and new 3ds has got next to nothing as far as games exclusive to it since it came out.

GameOtaku

Octane

Why did someone have to dig this up? It was almost gone...

Octane

GameOtaku

@Octane
The whole 3ds VC forum is nearly dead since Nintendo has failed to put anything on the service in over 2 years!

GameOtaku

Dizzy_Boy

Untitled

Switch I.D SW-0262-8074-7921
WiiU NNID: Dr_Dizzy
I`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/58D0-0000-02BB-5718

Twitter:

GameOtaku

I don't know why y'all are so against the idea of the original 3ds having access to snes VC. Because it would make the new 3ds practically worthless since the only other incentive to own one is the handful of games that actually require the extra processing power like Xenoblade or Runbow? I swear all the detractors on this thread sound like Scotty on Star Trek "it cannot hold out much longer captain it needs more power" which is really a ridiculous excuse seeing the processor of the 3ds can run circles around the snes original.

The fact of the matter is besides Pokemon G/S the only other VC for the original 3ds was way back in early 2016 which was Pokemon B/R/Y. The last snes VC was Dec 2016 Dracula X. You would think in that large expanse of time we would get some new VC content but there's been NOTHING!! So what if they are focusing on the switch?! Just set aside a small team to do nothing but VC (which they should've already done anyway) there's no reason to not have content available on a weekly basis!

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Wow people get testy when you show them what they don't want to hear that Nintendo is so lazy they can't even put out VC games every week. No one seems to want to even discuss it all?! Why? It's ridiculous that we keep putting up with this drip feed release crap like the arcade archives on switch, they are already out on ps4 for example so instead of being dropped one a week they should just dump all of them at once.

GameOtaku

roy130390

Dude, just go and show us how wrong we are, stop talking and put the VC o the original 3DS model. Don't show me a crappy youtube video of someone running Super Mario World at 6fps, show me an actual emulator of your 3DS running it and then go to Nintendo and claim to be their savior because you accomplished what many experts couldn't. You claim so much knowledge about this so prove it already.

No one insists to discuss with you about this anymore simply because it doesn't matter if they show you proof, if people that have devoted their life to this stuff come and try to show you why, you simply live in denial and in that fantasy world where everyone of us is wrong while you, a living irony, keep giving the same weak arguments over and over... Yes dude, you know the truth we all don't, you are too smart to be deluded, congratulations.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

GameOtaku

@roy130390
I've shown a video of world being run on blarg running at close to 60fps on original 3ds. What more do I need to show? All Nintendo is doing is pushing people to illegally emulate at this point. Do they really expect people to wait on slow drips and long periods of time between content? Allow us to buy and play on the original to the best it can do then you can always transfer content to another 3ds if you want a better experience or transfer VC titles to switch.

GameOtaku

DarthNocturnal

GameOtaku wrote:

@roy130390
I've shown a video of world being run on blarg running at close to 60fps on original 3ds. What more do I need to show?

Videos of every 1st party (and a few 3rd party) SNES game running at full speed 99.99%-100% of the time with no major/ significant sacrifices or compromises, minus reduced flashing effects (because seizures are bad).

Nintendo's standards are not your standards. That doesn't make them “lazy“. Go read a Dolphin progress report. You don't have to be super tech savvy to grasp why emulation isn't 1:1.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
I'd call no VC games in the last 2 years for 3ds or close to a year for the new 3ds to be pretty lazy. Yeah they need to test it but since they were games already released its not like they need months worth of it. I can see snes games running on 3ds people make arguments that if the switch can play games like doom and wolfenstein then other games similar to them should be no trouble at all but when I say the 3ds can run shovel knight and ocarina of time 3D therefore snes games should be no trouble I get mocked and ridiculed? What sense is that it's the exact same logic!

GameOtaku

Sorry, this topic has been locked.