Forums

Topic: SNES VC for older 3ds

Posts 161 to 180 of 211

GameOtaku

@Octane
The whole 3ds VC forum is nearly dead since Nintendo has failed to put anything on the service in over 2 years!

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

I don't know why y'all are so against the idea of the original 3ds having access to snes VC. Because it would make the new 3ds practically worthless since the only other incentive to own one is the handful of games that actually require the extra processing power like Xenoblade or Runbow? I swear all the detractors on this thread sound like Scotty on Star Trek "it cannot hold out much longer captain it needs more power" which is really a ridiculous excuse seeing the processor of the 3ds can run circles around the snes original.

The fact of the matter is besides Pokemon G/S the only other VC for the original 3ds was way back in early 2016 which was Pokemon B/R/Y. The last snes VC was Dec 2016 Dracula X. You would think in that large expanse of time we would get some new VC content but there's been NOTHING!! So what if they are focusing on the switch?! Just set aside a small team to do nothing but VC (which they should've already done anyway) there's no reason to not have content available on a weekly basis!

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Wow people get testy when you show them what they don't want to hear that Nintendo is so lazy they can't even put out VC games every week. No one seems to want to even discuss it all?! Why? It's ridiculous that we keep putting up with this drip feed release crap like the arcade archives on switch, they are already out on ps4 for example so instead of being dropped one a week they should just dump all of them at once.

GameOtaku

roy130390

Dude, just go and show us how wrong we are, stop talking and put the VC o the original 3DS model. Don't show me a crappy youtube video of someone running Super Mario World at 6fps, show me an actual emulator of your 3DS running it and then go to Nintendo and claim to be their savior because you accomplished what many experts couldn't. You claim so much knowledge about this so prove it already.

No one insists to discuss with you about this anymore simply because it doesn't matter if they show you proof, if people that have devoted their life to this stuff come and try to show you why, you simply live in denial and in that fantasy world where everyone of us is wrong while you, a living irony, keep giving the same weak arguments over and over... Yes dude, you know the truth we all don't, you are too smart to be deluded, congratulations.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

GameOtaku

@roy130390
I've shown a video of world being run on blarg running at close to 60fps on original 3ds. What more do I need to show? All Nintendo is doing is pushing people to illegally emulate at this point. Do they really expect people to wait on slow drips and long periods of time between content? Allow us to buy and play on the original to the best it can do then you can always transfer content to another 3ds if you want a better experience or transfer VC titles to switch.

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
I'd call no VC games in the last 2 years for 3ds or close to a year for the new 3ds to be pretty lazy. Yeah they need to test it but since they were games already released its not like they need months worth of it. I can see snes games running on 3ds people make arguments that if the switch can play games like doom and wolfenstein then other games similar to them should be no trouble at all but when I say the 3ds can run shovel knight and ocarina of time 3D therefore snes games should be no trouble I get mocked and ridiculed? What sense is that it's the exact same logic!

GameOtaku

Octane

GameOtaku wrote:

but when I say the 3ds can run shovel knight and ocarina of time 3D therefore snes games should be no trouble I get mocked and ridiculed?

Eleven pages in and still no progress...

Octane

Banjo-

It would be a piece of cake to release GBA and DS games like the Ambassador GBA games and Wario Ware Touched that have been released already because any 3DS system can run those consoles natively. SNES games on New 3DS are emulated and the original 3DS is not powerful enough to emulate SNES properly. Likely, not even New 3DS is able to emulate Super FX games. Only a really good emulator like the SNES Classic emulator and a more powerful machine like SNES Classic can properly emulate them. That or a 3GHz PC and an emulator that recreates the SNES hardware through software like Higan. SNES is one of those very unique systems.

Banjo-

Octane

@BlueOcean But you don't understand, if it can run Shovel Knight, it can also run SNES games

Octane

Banjo-

EDIT: I've always wanted a Super Mario 64 remaster for 3DS like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I still want it. It's one of my favourite games.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

GameOtaku

@Octane
So when people say if switch could run doom and wolfenstein then mh world and fallout should be no problem right? What's the difference in that and snes games running on 3ds?

GameOtaku

Octane

@GameOtaku No. Look, the Switch is powerful for its size, but we know it cannot run the same games at the same resolution and frame rate as the PS4 or Xbox One can (and even those two differ a little). We already know DOOM takes a hit in the frame rate department, 30fps instead of 60fps, and it's also 720p on the Switch instead of 1080p (on PS4). I have no idea how Monster Hunter World performs on PS4 and Xbox One, the game isn't even out yet, so I cannot say. And even if it can in theory, it's still a matter of economics, is Capcom willing to optimise the game so that it's playable on Switch?, etc.

Anyway, I'll say it one last time. VC is different from regular games in that they're emulated, and the 3DS can't run the those [read: NES/SNES games] natively. So the question isn't whether the 3DS can handle the 16-bit games or not, it's whether it can run the emulator or not. That's a big difference. You don't see the emulator, you only see the end result. We know emulation is more difficult than it appears to be, especially for the SNES. The 3DS can't run the emulator accurately, but the new 3DS can. There's your answer, and don't bring up Shovel Knight ever again. They're not the same.

Octane

GameOtaku

@Octane
I think y'all are making way to big a deal as to how accurate it would run on original to new 3ds. Emulation is not 100% accurate anyway so it seems as though y'all are splitting hairs, the fortress didn't collapse in ninja gaiden on 3ds VC for example but it was still an enjoyable experience despite that so what's your point. Since they split VC so much anyway they could just get the snes games that would run accurately on 3ds (according to y'all some should but not all should be possible and that would be a little more plausible).

So how does shovel knight generate its graphics then? Obviously the 3ds has the capability to run graphics like that of the snes natively or else that would not be possible.

GameOtaku

KingMike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@GameOtaku

Fun fact, there are games for Gamecube (y'know, that system from late 2001?) that DON'T run 100% correctly (if at all) on decent modern PC rigs from 2017 (via Dolphin). Or even cutting edge, high-end rigs. Because it's not just about raw horsepower.

BUT, those rigs can run Shovel Knight, so, hope springs forth eternal, yadda yadda.

That's true, they're emulators. They're not always accurate.

@GameOtaku Would it blow your mind to know that a trilogy of pinball games for the ORIGINAL GAME BOY only became emulated for the first time THIS YEAR?
Yes, some Game Boy pinball games took over 20 years to get emulated correctly.
Because accuracy mattered for whatever those games were trying to do.

KingMike

GameOtaku

@KingMike
It could be those gameboy games were very obscure and no one cares to emulate them till now.

I could see snes VC running on 3ds it is more power of a processor (tge snes is more a potato than the 3ds in terms of power) just like the 3ds has to shut some things down for smash or mh4 and restart afterwards I can see the snes VC on 3ds doing the same to allow it.

GameOtaku

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.