Forums

Topic: Remaining NES and GBA exclusives for early 3DS owners

Posts 261 to 280 of 331

grumblegrumble

BenAV wrote:

@grumblegrumble Yeah, only a few more days until we find out... And even if we don't get them all, at least Xenoblade Chronicles comes out in Australia on the same day so that should keep me pretty occupied for a while. =P
I always expected that we'd be getting all the NES games on September 1st, but it's just that I haven't read anywhere on any of Nintendo's websites that we are definitely getting them all on the 1st of September.
This must either be because either they're not planning on releasing all ten on that day and just used sneaky ways of writing their information that made it seem that way, hence making people more likely to buy the 3DS before the price drop so they can have ten free games on that date or (hopefully) they were just being careful just in case all ten games aren't ready by that date, so they technically wouldn't be making any promises.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see but I'm still expecting my ten free games on Thursday (probably early Friday in Australia because of time differences). =P

Being a huge retro NES fan I am totally stoked about the upcoming NES releases One of my favorite classic games is Ice Climber and I can't wait to play that on my 3DS I also hope we get Minish Cap as part of the GBA games coming out later in the year. That would totally make my 3DS a worthy purchase. I own the original on my old GBA but it's in storage and I can't find it at the moment. LOL

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Terave

Spread or all at once, it doesn't matter to me: We're getting some game phor phree!

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Jamouse

I don't really care about the ambassador games at the moment since i will be playing something else this thursday.
That's right! Xenoblade is finaly coming out over her in Australia! (and no i have not been paid by Nintendo to place there product in this forum!)

Oh sorry about you guys, americans, i forgot you guys aren't getting the game...sorry (I mean it!!!)

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

leeski241

I called Nintendo on my way to work this morning, and the rep (who was a bit rude, probably tired. It was 6:30 AM after all) said all 10 games were coming on Thursday. Takes that for what it's worth.

leeski241

Dizzard

Bit of a shame the only way europeons will know if they're an ambassador is if they get the games on thursday. Would have been nice to know in advance.

I'm fairly positive I'm an ambassador though, since I was in eShop many times and have downloaded the update.

Dizzard

Meta-Rift

grumblegrumble wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Wow. People complaining over 20 free games. Because they don't get them right now.

If anyone has a right to complain, us 3DS early adopters surely do We, who shelled out an extra $100 in some cases for a system that has gone down drastically in price. Sure, they are giving us free games, but if they didn't, some of us probably wouldn't still be here.

I bought it at launch, and I find it hard to complain about this stuff. I've gotten a lot out of the system in these five months regardless of the price tag. Would early adopters still be complaining if Nintendo hadn't dropped the price? We would be in the same situation, but without these free games and poor hardware sales for Nintendo. I honestly don't see the logic in that.

Meta-Rift

grumblegrumble

Rift wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Wow. People complaining over 20 free games. Because they don't get them right now.

If anyone has a right to complain, us 3DS early adopters surely do We, who shelled out an extra $100 in some cases for a system that has gone down drastically in price. Sure, they are giving us free games, but if they didn't, some of us probably wouldn't still be here.

I bought it at launch, and I find it hard to complain about this stuff. I've gotten a lot out of the system in these five months regardless of the price tag. Would early adopters still be complaining if Nintendo hadn't dropped the price? We would be in the same situation, but without these free games and poor hardware sales for Nintendo. I honestly don't see the logic in that.

Me, either. So I'm really glad they are offering us free games as a way of saying 'thanks.'

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

leeski241 wrote:

I called Nintendo on my way to work this morning, and the rep (who was a bit rude, probably tired. It was 6:30 AM after all) said all 10 games were coming on Thursday. Takes that for what it's worth.

Thank you for finding out for us! Can't wait.

Aviator

grumblegrumble wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Except for the fact that Nintendo still doesn't owe you anything. They could have dropped the price and given early adopters nothing.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

yoyogamer

I'm just glad we get a portable version of the original Super Mario Bros. Now I can wake up to my Mario clock, play a few rounds of Mario-themed pictobits, and then instantly fire up the original NES game.

This is a signature.

Chrono_Cross

WaltzElf wrote:

That's what I said! Hell they were complaining about getting 20 free games in general. Seriously nothing will ever please everyone... :l

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Link79

I thought we were getting a press release today to tell us what the other games will be?
Honestly though we know all the games will be first party titles so that rules out anything surprising.
You can pretty much guess what they'll be.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Chrono_Cross

Link79 wrote:

I thought we were getting a press release today to tell us what the other games will be?
Honestly though we know all the games will be first party titles so that rules out anything surprising.
You can pretty much guess what they'll be.

Then why are you complaining?

Just for you.

Link79

@ Kid_Crono
I'm not really complaining but it would have been nice to get something unexpected.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

CerealKiller528

I hope Wrecking Crew is one of the free games.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Chrono_Cross

Link79 wrote:

@ Kid_Crono
I'm not really complaining but it would have been nice to get something unexpected.

You don't even know what they are going to be. They could be anything at this point.

Just for you.

hatty475

I understand that Nintendo owes me nothing, and It was my decision to purchase a 3DS early, but I'm still a bit unsatisfied with how their handling this. The only reason the free games is a good deal is because Nintendo will probably make all the NES games 5 bucks each no matter the quality or length. And there's the fact that most of us already have a good chuck of these games on Wii VC. But what bugs me the most is that they've kept us in the dark a whole month about what the last 10 games are, when they should be open with us and tell us exactly what we're getting from the start. If this is suppose to show the loyal fanbase Nintendo's appreciation, why can't they be clearer on what's going on. I know we're lucky that we're getting anything, but Nintendo isn't exactly convincing me to pick up a WiiU any time near launch.

But it is nice to get some GBA games I missed out on before, and the new updates they're doing to the NES games sound awesome. I just wish Nintendo would be more informative.

Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Currently Learning: Electric Guitar
Bad Wolf

Link79

@ Kid_Crono
Don't know huh? Let's see, first party Nes Titles....

Super Mario bros. 1,2,3
Zelda 1,2
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Punch-out

That's 8 right there. What else could the free Nes games possibly be?
Btw I have two or more copies of every single one of these. Sucks to be an e-shop ambassador over 30.
I suppose I might be surprised by whatever GBA games they give us but chances are I have all those too.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Weskerb

"What else could the free Nes games possibly be?"

How about these "Classics"

Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Pinball
Tennis
Golf
Soccer
DK Jr
Yoshi
Smash Table Tennis
Baseball
Mach Rider
Ice Climber
Yoshi's Cookie
Ice Hockey
Kid Icarus
Devil World

Weskerb

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.