• Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
  • the Sword of Hope II
  • Gargoyle's Quest
  • Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
  • Donkey Kong '94
  • Mario's Picross
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Tetris

Also, the 3D Classics line are NOT VC! They have never been featured in the VC section (They're kept in the 3D Games section), On NOJ's website they're stored with the other eShop downloads (instead of with the VC games), and they are ported to run on the 3DS itself with added features not found in the original releases (while VC titles run on emulators, and are exact replicas of their original releases).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

To be perfectly honest, I've never enjoyed the NES Zelda games. Or even the first couple of Metroid games. Those series, for me, only started getting awesome once they hit the Super Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SparkOfSpirit

WaluigiBag wrote:

Tell me about Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble? I am thinking of purchasing it sometime. Also, how many memory blocks does it require? Thanks!

It's a solid classic 2D Sonic game. It's not as great as the Genesis games, Sonic CD, or Sonic Advance, but it's an enjoyable portable platformer. I think it's one of the Game Gear's best. It's 52 blocks.

I personally think Shinobi is one of the best games on the VC right now with its Shinobi meets Mega Man gameplay style and variety. I hope they eventually get around to putting up the sequel.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

WaluigiBag

@Spark_Of_Spirit

Thanks! I purchased Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble from the Nintendo eShop! It's great! I highly recommend it to all Sonic fans!

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Zeldalover

Zelda II is sick! So I decided to treat it like an RPG and go for experience points early on in the game. Headed towards the 4th dungeon and got the Attack and Health boosted up to 7. Magic is at 5 (beginning to realize that it's slightly more important than the Health because of the Shield and Life (Heal) spells). The Iron Knuckles are a huge pain..

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

dartmonkey

I got into GB Tetris over Christmas. I must've had a go on the original at some point, I never owned a Game Boy. WIth 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, my Activity log says I've racked up 26 hours on it. A great game.
I downloaded and completed the first two Mega Mans (Mega Men?!) and enjoyed them. Again, I'd never played them before, though I loved Chip and Dale on the NES and the engine and feeling with the great music really carried over. However, if these games weren't on 3DS I would probably never have played/completed them because they're bloody difficult (read: I'm crap at games). I don't have the time to devote to playing them repeatedly, not when there's so many great games coming through (Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, ANIMAL CROSSING!!). I finished the original Zelda last year, and there's no way I'd have ever got round to that without portability and restore points. 3DS is racing to the top of my most played console ever because it's so damn handy.

dartmonkey

Twitter:

Electricmastro

Just got Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, and Blaster Master: Enemy Below. Good choices?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RevolverLink

I'm having trouble deciding on one game between Zelda II, Mega Man 4, Legend of the River King and Mario Golf. I didn't enjoy Zelda II the last time I played it, but I'm willing to give it another chance; the other three are games I've never played before, though I love MM2 & MM3 (just beat 3 the other day) and I enjoyed Camelot's GBC/GBA Mario Tennis games.

EDIT: Went with Zelda II.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Lalivero

WaluigiBag wrote:

@Spark_Of_Spirit

Thanks! I purchased Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble from the Nintendo eShop! It's great! I highly recommend it to all Sonic fans!

I love Triple Trouble!

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

DarkCoolEdge

I plan to buy one VC game but I'm not sure about which one. These are the ones that have me in doubt:

Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man 5 (NES)
Gargoyle's Quest
Avenging Spirit

Do GB games have the save state feature?

Thanks.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

Zeldalover

@DarkCoolEdge Yes, the GB games have a restore point save feature as well. I would really recommend Mega Man 3 and Kirby's Dream Land 2 out of these. Gargoyle's Quest is another one, but requires more platforming skills (mostly from trial-and-error runs).

Zeldalover

RetroGBHippie92

My List of VC essentials:
Metroid
Metroid II
Super Mario Bros.
The Sword of Hope II
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Wario Land II
Punch-Out!!
Trip World
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Gargoyles Quest

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Tasuki

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I plan to buy one VC game but I'm not sure about which one. These are the ones that have me in doubt:

Kirby's Dream Land 2
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man 5 (NES)
Gargoyle's Quest
Avenging Spirit

Do GB games have the save state feature?

Thanks.

Well first off it depends onhow much you have to spend and what type of game that you are looking for. Since I dont know those factors I will give my opinions on the list and hopes that helps.

Avenging Spirit is nice for its price and if you like Kirby games you would probably enjoy this one.

Kid Icarus: Is hit and miss some people like it others say its the weakest one in the series. However if you are a fan of Kid Icarus its a great game to add to your collection IMO.

Mega Man 3 IMO the best one of the series if you played the other games in the series and liked them or if you have never played a Mega Man game well than you can't go wrong with this one.

Mega Man 5 Me personally I think this is the weakest game in the series well this one and Mega Man 6, however I dont think its a bad game and it is still enjoyable. However since you have Mega Man 3 on this list I would say get that one first play it and if you really enjoy it than get Mega Man 5. If you have never played a Mega Man game before well dont start with 5.

Gargoyle's Quest and Kirby's Dreamland 2 I cant give an opinion on cause I have never played them but I hear that they are great games as well.

I hope that helps.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Captain_Toad

Hey guys. I'm choosing between Burgertime, Lock n' chase and quarth. Any suggestions? (anyone who played them is a huge bonus too.) Thanks

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Tasuki

@mariobro4: The only one I have played out of that bunch is Lock N Chase and that was years ago on the Gameboy. Still for the price they have it for and the amount of content I would say pick it up. It plays just like Pac Man so if you like that game you will like Lock N Chase.

My Backlog

Ralizah

mariobro4 wrote:

Hey guys. I'm choosing between Burgertime, Lock n' chase and quarth. Any suggestions? (anyone who played them is a huge bonus too.) Thanks

Burgertime is fun in short bursts. Quarth gets old very quickly. Lock 'n' Chase was one of my favorite games from childhood. It is essentially a more complex Pacman with adorable art and catchy music. I highly recommend it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tasuki

Ok going to throw this out here. I am looking to buy a VC game but at this time I can only buy one. Hopefully you guys can help me out here the choices are

Harvest Moon
Tails Adventure
Defenders of Oasis

Right now all three sound good to me. I like the sim aspect of Harvest Moon, Tails Adventure sounds like it could be alot of fun and Defenders of Oasis sounds like a good RPG. Right now I am not sure what kind of mood I am but they all sound good playstyle wise. Any help would be appreciated.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.