Forums

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Posts 201 to 220 of 243

Bones00

@RR529 Where's your December post seeing as we have all eShop updates for the month now?

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

RR529

Bones00 wrote:

@RR529 Where's your December post seeing as we have all eShop updates for the month now?

Just checked IGN, & they don't have it up yet (sometimes they don't get it up until a few days into the next month).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SammyOfMobius

No, but on the Wii it is. I wish the 3DS had all the VC games the Wii did. The PSP has all the classic games the PS3 did (excluding PS2 Classics) and that system was made 8 years ago. I know the 3DS is more than capable of this.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

I would like to spend 10 bucks on VC titles. I already have SML2, LoZLA DX, SMB1, Sonic Triple Trouble, DK94, and Punch-Out. Zelda DX is probably my favorite. I am getting Mega Man 2 when it comes out but I want something else too.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

Magikarp3

Looking from what you've already downloaded, I'd say Blaster Master is right up your alley. It combines platforming with top down shooting in some stages, as well as some Zelda-ish exploration! You could wait for the US release of the NES version, or just get the GBC game. Both are good and rather lengthy, or so I hear.

I'd also recommend Avenging Spirit, Gargoyle's Quest and Wario Land.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SammyOfMobius

Thanks!

Harley

Avenging Spirit is pretty fun for its pricetag. It has cute, chibi sprites and can be quite difficult at times, as well as multiple endings. I'll also have to agree with Gargoyle's Quest. Grew up playing it on the good ol' brick GameBoy and although it was very tough there was a password system (which should be completely pointless now that there's a save state feature on the 3DS VC games).

Harley

ilovegaming

I've been playing Wario Land 2 and I just can't believe how much variety the levels have. Not only that, but the game's length is also admirable and if you want to get the true ending and get 100% completion, it can easily take 10-15 hours (especially if you don't use walkthroughs).

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

MarioKenny1992

ilovegaming wrote:

I've been playing Wario Land 2 and I just can't believe how much variety the levels have. Not only that, but the game's length is also admirable and if you want to get the true ending and get 100% completion, it can easily take 10-15 hours (especially if you don't use walkthroughs).

I'll get Wario Land 2 when I get the money for my eshop balance. I only have 40 cents left XD

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

ilovegaming

MarioKenny1992 wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

I'll get Wario Land 2 when I get the money for my eshop balance. I only have 40 cents left XD

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do- it is a great little gem!

Edited on by ilovegaming

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

Mascarpino

The absolute best VC thing on the 3DS Eshop yet is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Then there are other awesome titles as well, like The Legend of Zelda(NES), Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Metroid(NES), Metroid II: Return of Samus, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, and a couple others, but the ones I just named are the ones I'd recommend the most.

3DS FC: 0404-5484-9630

Pokemon Friend Safari:
STEEL. w/ Skarmory, Ferroseed, and Bronzong.

Nintendo Network ID: mascarpino

Zeldalover

I didn't like Metroid II much as it had no balance between action/exploration (the spider ball is the trademark item in this game and it made exploration really great). I've also seen much detailed graphics on old black and white Game Boy games in the past, but this game had some well-designed areas and I just loved the ending with the baby metroid. Nintendo's old R&D1 team had showed a much greater effort with games like the first Wario Land for the classic handheld system, which amazed with it's brilliant level design and art style. Makes me consider having Wario Land 2 on the go.

Zeldalover

SammyOfMobius

3DS Virtual Console essentials:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros.
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Punch-Out!!!
Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong '94
(new) Mega Man 3

Zeldalover

Hey MultiMario! I really like your posts and believe you're right on the list. There's two more I games I would like to include - Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Kirby's Dream Land 2 (but it's still not available in NA). Btw, I get the impression that you have a passion for Nintendo games : )

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

CrazyOtto

I recommend Dig Dug (NES), the NES port of Dig Dug is way more faithful to the original arcade game than other NES ports of Namco arcade games, and the 3DS VC version actually saves high scores. Plus, Dig Dug wasn't included on Namco Museum DS even though Dig Dug II was.

EDIT: Spelling mistake

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Zeldalover

Guys, y'think I should get Zelda II: The Adventure of Link? It's one of the few Zelda games that I've missed out on because of the negative reception. When I saw some videos of the game in YouTube, I really felt nostalgic about it's music and it seems that in some aspects in shines much greatly than it's predecessor. Gameplay also doesn't look that bad at all. I guess that a lot of it's negative opinions are based on the criticism about it's 2d side-scrolling approach, unforgiving diifficulty (we have restore points now) and the high expectations it had at the time. Btw, haven't heard such epic NES music in ages...

Edited on by Zeldalover

Zeldalover

SparkOfSpirit

Zelda 2 is easy to recommend now that it has restore points available. But be warned that the difficulty is HIGH and unbalanced. If you don't mind dealing with being lost sometimes and those other issues don't bother you then I'd say go for it.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zeldalover

Thanks! I'll have the difficulty in mind. I like some of the art style in the game and do think there is a wide variety of enemies to encounter along your path to save Hyrule once again. Definitely considering it.

Zeldalover

WaluigiBag

Tell me about Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble? I am thinking of purchasing it sometime. Also, how many memory blocks does it require? Thanks!

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.