Forums

Topic: Pokemon on VC?

Posts 161 to 169 of 169

Eel

Adding pokebank support would be ridiculously easy for any old Pokemon game. Of course, it would need to be a one way trip, but it would not the first time they do that.

For the first and second gens, since the Pokemon systems are completely different, all you need to do is generate a new Pokemon with the same nickname and moveset and you're done.

Other solution would be retro-remaking the games, remake them to use the new mechanics, but keep the same looks and stuff. This would cost more money, of course.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarkyVigoroth

Morpheel wrote:

Adding pokebank support would be ridiculously easy for any pre-gen 3 game.

Since the Pokemon systems are completely different, all you need to do is generate a new Pokemon with the same nickname and moveset, delete the original from the game and bam you're done.

Of course, it would need to be a one way trip. But it's not the first time they do that.

Other solution would be retro-remaking the games, remake them to use the new mechanics, but keep the same looks and stuff. This would cost more money, of course.

Even if Nintendo- decides to do the transfer the way you wold do it, would Nintendo- really risk another possibly huge shutdown of Pokebank over a feature of a rather niche service (Virtual Console) that is simply one-way, very much defeating a big purpose of Pokebank?

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

Eel

The fact that it's one way would make it far more convenient for them actually, since they wouldn't need to modify the games themselves, just the app. Pokebank can already do this with the gen 5 games.

Besides, the point is to keep the Pokemon safe for future games, not old ones.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

komodo182

Use the pokemon stadiums as a "pokebank"
You can store pokemon in stadium. No clue if gen 1 games can be used on pokemon stadium 2 since I never played it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Smash_kirby

@komodo182: You can and you can use the items they would've had in they were thrown through the Time Machine.

Smash_kirby

komodo182

Smash_kirby wrote:

@komodo182: You can and you can use the items they would've had in they were thrown through the Time Machine.

Perfect, so release the pokemon stadiums at the same time as the original gen 1 and 2 games and you have your "pokebank"
now it is looking more like a wii u vc, but heck, release them on both.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Eel

I think Pokemon Stadium would be a nice way to make the games available too.

They'd just need to sell it as a VC and then offer the GB games as DLC for it. It would be easy and mostly effortless (since that seems to be the keyword with VC).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Bass_X0

We'll get GBA Pokémon on Wii U before any come to 3DS VC (excluding the spinoffs).

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Bass_X0

I was wrong. I'll be downloading Yellow.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.