Forums

Topic: 3DS Virtual Console games missing between regions

Posts 261 to 272 of 272

DefHalan

GameOtaku wrote:

There are 251 VC titles available for 3ds in Japan, we don't even have half of that!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games...

How many of those Japan VC games are of games that were never localized outside of Japan? Just wondering

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GameOtaku

@DefHalen
That may be true but just think about all the NES, Gameboy, GBC, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Master System and Genesis titles were released and were on Wii VC! Just recently Star Tropics 1 and 2 were dropped on WiiU, so why not 3ds? Tg 16 has been on Japan's 3ds VC for a long time and so far Bonk and Rtype for WiiU again?!

GameOtaku

roy130390

This will never happen, but I'd love to get Metal Gear: ghost babel on my 3DS. I highly doubt it, but if we get Turtles in Time on VC I'll upgrade to New 3DS. There's so much I still want to see on VC, but I'll be more than happy with those two... or even one of them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

KingMike

Japan gets another exclusive game: Fire Emblem 4.

KingMike

KingMike

And now Japan is falling behind. No VC games in September, lacking Super Castlevania IV, Final Fight 2 & 3, and now Breath of Fire 1 & 2.

KingMike

KingMike

Japan gets 7 games today, perhaps to make up for not getting a game in 3 months. Tactics Ogre, Romancing SaGa, Super Punch-Out!, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fight 2 and 3, and Mega Man X3. Still missing the Breath of Fires but I guess those will come later. Surprised Fire Emblem 5 wasn't added but presumably that will come.

KingMike

KingMike

Woah, I hadn't realized Japan has actually gotten new SNES VC games this year.
I think these are additions this year:
Famicom Detective Club Part 2
Ogre Battle
Romancing SaGa 2
Ganbare Goemon 2, 3
Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6
Demon's Crest
Breath of Fire 1, 2
Castlevania: Dracula X

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

GameOtaku

@KingMike
How about expanding the games missing between regions to also include nes, snes etc VC games missing between wiiu and 3ds?

GameOtaku

KingMike

@GameOtaku All the Nintendo consoles I have from this decade are my US OG 3DS, JP N3DS, US Wii U and US Switch.

KingMike

GameOtaku

@KingMike
I was meaning like wiiu nes VC has star tropics, double dragon 3 and earthbound beginnings but 3ds doesn't in any region.

GameOtaku

KingMike

Sorry I hadn't paid much attention to those.
I was only aware of EarthBound Beginnings and VS. Excitebike (the two "new" first-party games that were left as Wii U-exclusives for some reason).
Though in the other direction, I'm not sure if Murasame Castle was released on Wii U.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.