Forums

Topic: Your Latest & Greatest Totaly AWESOME 3DS Purchase!

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,003

Tyranexx

@Nagi_Nagisa Maybe we'll call it a good first-world "problem" then.

@Cotillion I also recommend picking up Bravely Second since it's still fairly cheap. It's as good as the first game in many respects, and I'd say better in others. Leveling up jobs is certainly easier in the second game. Play through the first game before tackling it as it's a direct sequel.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Ralizah

@Cotillion Star Fox 64 looks AMAZING in 3D. It was also, incidentally, my first ever 3DS game in 2011, so I'm quite nostalgic about it. <3

Ralizah

Cotillion

@Tyranexx I see Bravely Second is down to about $30 on Amazon.ca currently, perhaps I'll just grab it next week. The 3DS section of local stores is getting pretty low, so it's slim pickings. I'd rather be sure I have it.

@Ralizah StarFox really reminded me how much I love the stereoscopic 3D. It looks so good and I wish it had caught on more. One of the changes made me chuckle - Falco now says "Hey genius" instead of "Hey Einstein".....never did make sense Falco knew who Einstein was lol.

Edited on by Cotillion

Cotillion

Tyranexx

@Cotillion Same here. The reason I even thought to check on the game's price was because I noticed several copies were on clearance at my local Walmart for about $23 USD. Most retail stores around here are actively paring down their 3DS and Wii/Wii U sections and allowing the Switch games to take over the Nintendo corner. XD They're only restocking the most recent releases, and not many new copies are on display.

That's not to say I bought Bravely Second recently, but I paid about the same price when I picked it up over a year ago and played through it this past winter.

Tyranexx

After sitting on the fence for awhile, I finally caved and picked up Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. I have no clue when I'll get around to playing it, but at least I know I have it. XD

RedderRugfish

@Tyranexx Nice. Loved that game.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

@RedderRugfish Thanks in part to one of your previous recommendations! It's definitely one I did my homework on before buying.

Tyranexx

@charlieonholiday Thanks! I've read the 3DS version has been streamlined a little compared to the PS1 original but is still quite a long JRPG. I'll probably play through it some winter.

jak1one

Hi guys. I had a 3ds some years ago, but stopped using it, so i gave it to my little niece with some games i had. Now, while i am really enjoying my switch, i thought of buying a new 2ds xl with some games, which are the following:
-tloz ocarina of time 3d
-tloz majora's mask 3d
-tloz a link between worlds
-pokemon alfa zaffiro/omega rubino (sorry, only know the names in italian)
-animal crossing new leaf
-donkey kong country returns 3d
-super mario 3d land
-new super mario bros 2
-star fox 64 3d
-xenoblade chronicles 3d
-kirby planet robobot
-poochy & yoshi's wooly world
-metroid samus returns
-luigi's mansion 3d

Skipping fire emblem series because i will play it on switch. What do you think? Should i skip someone? Add someone? Thanks!

Edited on by jak1one

jak1one

Nagi

Just got Layton's Mystery Journey.
I know it's comming to Switch very soon, but prefer to play the Layton Series on DS/3DS

@jak1one
I still would recommend Fire Emblem Echoes. I think it's the best Fire Emblem Game on 3DS.
Maybe you should rather play New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on Switch rather then New Super Mario Bros 2. It really pales in comparison. But every other Game on your list i would highly recommend.

In terms of Titles you could add i would say something from the Mario & Luigi Lineup, Rhythm Paradise Megamix and Wario Ware Gold.

Nagi

Animage

I just purchased Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters and Ridge Racer 3D. Finally found them in cases.

I'm up to 57 physical games now. Hoping to continue finding physical copies with cases for my collection but all my game stores are downsizing too hard for physical copies.

3DS Friend Code: (n3DS XL - Main) 2681 - 3470 - 9196
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D Land | Metroid: Samus Returns
Recently Beaten: Detective Pikachu

Dakkpac64

I think the last game I purchased was New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the eshop. It was on sale and I hadn't played the first "new" Mario game yet. I think that it was worth the $9.99 U.S. dollars, but to pay full price ($19.99) Is hardly going to happen anymore.

Dakkpac64

3DS Friend Code: 2595-6525-8501

Roronoa11

Yesterday I went to Computer Exchange down the West End and picked up Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Game" for £8.00 and Mensa Brain Training for £2.50. I've been meaning to buy the former for a while though (since it's a London title) and the Mensa brain training is just something to probably entertain me on my commute to work (also like adding new titles to my library^^)

p.s incidentally the streetpass count was 0 and i was in central all day >_<

Edited on by Roronoa11

Nintendo History🎮: Game and Watch> Original Game Boy with Tetris> GBASP (NES Edition)>DS Lite,Wii>2010s=3DSXL (Super Smash Bros. Ed.🇪🇺)/New 3DSXL (SNES Ed.🇯🇵) Feel free to add me, just lemme know👍🏾

3DS Friend Code: 1564-4860-7165 | My Nintendo: Sebastian | Nintendo Network ID: euroseb11

Roronoa11

@Abby_LS Pretty cool, how did you insert a pic in your post?

Nintendo History🎮: Game and Watch> Original Game Boy with Tetris> GBASP (NES Edition)>DS Lite,Wii>2010s=3DSXL (Super Smash Bros. Ed.🇪🇺)/New 3DSXL (SNES Ed.🇯🇵) Feel free to add me, just lemme know👍🏾

3DS Friend Code: 1564-4860-7165 | My Nintendo: Sebastian | Nintendo Network ID: euroseb11

Animage

Just took advantage of the Capcom sale and picked up all of the Phoenix Wright and Parascientific games. Should take me some time to even get to playing these titles, but great to have them for a deal!

3DS Friend Code: (n3DS XL - Main) 2681 - 3470 - 9196
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D Land | Metroid: Samus Returns
Recently Beaten: Detective Pikachu

Sunsy

Picked up Yo-Kai Watch on discount. Went into it not knowing much outside the little bit I played with the demo, and so far I'm enjoying. I'm surprised I haven't played this sooner.

Sunsy

Nagi

Just got Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary Edition for 3DS a few Days ago.
I've played the DS Version of this Game for many Years, but i recently found the 3DS Version for a good price and bought it. At their core both Versions are the same, but on 3DS the Game is completely voiced, has much cleaner Graphics/Sound and some other minor enhancements.

Nagi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic