Forums

Topic: Which Pokemon Do You Think Will Get a Mega In This Year's Game?

Posts 101 to 120 of 169

HankLangley

Mega Machamp

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Araquanid

IceClimbers wrote:

So what would you give to a Mega Miltank?

HP: 95
Atk: 80
Def: 145 +40
SpA: 35 -5
SpD: 135 +65
Spe: 100
Ability: Regenerator/wonder guard/Prankster

_________

Doge wrote:

Mega Machamp

HP: 90
Attack: 180 +50
Def: 110 +30
SpA: 65
SpD: 105 +20
Spe: 55
Ability: huge power/technition

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Wheeler

MegaBeedrill wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

So what would you give to a Mega Miltank?

wonder guard

LOL...... Just no. I think I'll give Miltank more on attack and speed. She his potential to cause some havoc.

Wheeler

Bolt_Strike

You know what's even scarier than Mega Blissey?

Protean Mega Arceus.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

HP: 120
Atk: 140 +20
Def: 140 +20
SpA: 140 +20
SpD: 140 +20
Spe: 140 +20

Let him hold any item.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Snagrio

Mega Porygon-Z:

HP: 85
Attack: 80
Defense: 70 +10
Sp. Atk: 135 +35
Sp. Def: 75 +10
Speed: 90 +45

Ability: Protean

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

HP: 120
Atk: 140 +20
Def: 140 +20
SpA: 140 +20
SpD: 140 +20
Spe: 140 +20

Let him hold any item.

I don't really like the idea of ruining his balanced stats. Give him 135 across the board or something.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

You can't change the HP stat unforunately.

WingedSnagret wrote:

Mega Porygon-Z:

Attack: 80
Defense: 70 +10
Sp. Atk: 135 +35
Sp. Def: 75 +10
Speed: 90 +45

Ability: Protean

Def: 80
SpA: 170
SpD: 85
Spe: 135

With protean...

That is actually pretty broken.. I mean it's still revenge killed by everything scarf but nothing can really patch that. Keep in mind he can get download boost premega, seems interesting in practice.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

iKhan

Mega Delibird...

Nope, I can't think of anything that wouldn't get too convoluted.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

You know what's even scarier than Mega Blissey?

Protean Mega Arceus.

You know what's ever scarier than that? Delta Stream Mega Rayquaza that doesn't need a Mega Stone

oh wait...

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Araquanid

Clawitzer

Reg:
Hp: 71
Atk: 73
Def: 88
SpA: 120
SpD: 89
Spe: 59

Mega:
Atk: 53 -20
SpA: 180 +60
Spe: 119 +60
Ability: Mega Launcher.

Really hope to see mega clawitzer in the next games if they're kalos based.

Dragalge:

Reg:
Hp: 65
Atk: 75
Def: 90
SpA: 97
SpD: 123
Spe: 44

Mega:
Hp: 65
Atk: 55 -20
Def: 100 +10
SpA: 117 +20
SpD: 143 +20
Spd: 114 +70
Ability: Contrary

My Shinies

Araquanid

AEGISLASH

Reg:
Hp: 60/60
Atk: 50/150
Def: 150/50
SpA: 50/150
SpD: 150/50
Spe: 60

This is an extremely tough one... but I think I have an idea what.

Mega:
Hp: 60
Atk: 150 +100
Def: 90 -60
SpA: 150 +100
SpD: 90 -60
Spe: 80 +20
Ability: Spacial Shield: - Stat drops caused by the pokemon are doubled. (King's Shield lowers your attack by 4 stages instead of 2. Random Flash cannon/shadow ball special defense drops lower you by 2 stages. etc.)

Meh.... seriously the way aegislash functions my only other option is to just give it stance change again with:
Hp: 60
Atk: 50/200+50
Def: 200+50/50
SpA: 50/200+50
SpD: 200+50/50
Spe: 60

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

iKhan

@MegaBeedrill
Just some critique if you are going for realism, most of your stat distros aren't very likely. If you look at the megas, most of them don't get a stat drop in attacking stats. Mega Beedrill is an exception because regular Beedrill's stats are super low, so it's hard to work with just +100 without cutting an unnecessary stat. If you ask me, it's a little bit cheap for stronger pokemon, because, post phys/spec split, one of the attacking stat's is basically useless (for many pokemon), so cutting it out is almost equivalent to giving a poke +120 or something. Also, you aren't going to see every pokemon and it's mother get stats poured into speed and attack. In fact, a lot of Mega's lost speed.

I think Clawitzer would be interesting as a mixed attacking tank.

Reg:

Mega:
Atk: 113 +30
Def: 128 +40
SpA: 130 +10
SpD: 119 +30
Spe: 49 (-10)

Now you have Mega Launcher PLUS Aqua Jet for kills. Admittedly, no reliable recovery is a big problem, but I think it's an interesting mix regardless.

I'm trying to think of a way to do Mega Barbaracle, but I can't think of how to possibly do that without making it either broken or useless. Boosting anything but speed doesn't fix any critical flaws(with a Shell Smash and Tough Claws, it's regular form is already stronger than Cloyster). Boosting speed basically makes him completely broken (assuming you distribute most the other +90 to somewhere other than Sp. Atk. Hmm, I'll give it a shot.

Barbaracle:
Reg:
HP: 72
Atk: 105
Def: 115
Sp. Atk: 54
Sp. Def: 86
Spd: 68
Ability: Pickpocket/Tough Claws/Sniper

Mega:
HP: 72
Atk: 105
Def: 145 +30
Sp. Atk: 74 +20
Sp. Def: 126 +40
Spd: 78 +10
Ability: No Guard

Trading in the power boost of Tough Claws for no missing. He gets the slight speed boost so that +2 Spe is fast enough for OU, throw away 20 in sp. Atk, and the rest goes into building his defences

Edited on by iKhan

KO-Cub

Why are we making ridiculous or broken Mega set's. I at least would love to actually see someone in this thread make a Mega that isn't some broken idea with it's own Secret move or Ability with Stats being piled on like it's only got one way to use it. Like spread the stats for 'multiple' uses. Like the way Garchomp is mostly used for Physical Atk, but still got a minor boost in Sp. Atk. M-Kanga's the same. And use abilities like Thick Fat, Skill Link or something. Not Protean or Tough Claws.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

iKhan wrote:

Just some critique if you are going for realism, most of your stat distros aren't very likely. If you look at the megas, most of them don't get a stat drop. Mega Beedrill is an exception because regular Beedrill's stats are super low, so it's hard to work with just +100 without cutting an unnecessary stat. If you ask me, it's a little bit cheap for stronger pokemon, because, post phys/spec split, one of the attacking stat's is basically useless, so cutting it out is almost equivalent to giving a poke +120 or something. Also, you aren't going to see every pokemon and it's mother get stats poured into speed and attack. In fact, a lot of Mega's lost speed.

And the moment I post... Out of nowhere... An Angel appears.

iKhan

MetalK9 wrote:

Why are we making ridiculous or broken Mega set's. I at least would love to actually see someone in this thread make a Mega that isn't some broken idea with it's own Secret move or Ability with Stats being piled on like it's only got one way to use it. Like spread the stats for 'multiple' uses. Like the way Garchomp is mostly used for Physical Atk, but still got a minor boost in Sp. Atk. M-Kanga's the same. And use abilities like Thick Fat, Skill Link or something. Not Protean or Tough Claws.

Thoughts on these?

iKhan wrote:

Mega Vileplume
Grass/Poison
Ability: Solar Power
HP: 75
Def: 85
Sp. Atk: 150 (+40)
Sp. Def: 100 (+10)
Spd: 100 (+50)

Hypothetical Moveset:
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
HP Fire
Sunny Day

Also, I really want this to happen
Mega Samurott
Water
Ability: Drizzle
Atk: 160 (+60)
Def: 105 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 128 (+20)
Sp. Def: 70
Spd: 70

The latter is basically a slow water type Mega Charizard Y. The former is my attempt at a viable grass type SP user.

KO-Cub

iKhan wrote:

Mega Vileplume
Grass/Poison
Ability: Solar Power
HP: 75
Def: 85
Sp. Atk: 150 (+40)
Sp. Def: 100 (+10)
Spd: 100 (+50)

Mega Samurott
Water
Ability: Drizzle
Atk: 160 (+60)
Def: 105 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 128 (+20)
Sp. Def: 70
Spd: 70

This is basically what I'm talking about. Good variety. Mega's get a good douse on a stat but not to much, so it has room for bulk which Mega's get to stay in the game longer which is really what makes them fierce along with everything else.
M-Vileplume: I might make Sp. Atk and Spd drop by 5 each and then add that to Def, or even take another 5 off Spd and Sp.A and add it to the buffs (Cause Solar Power is like a Life Orb) since Solar Power boosts all moves anyways. Like Houndoom, it relies on the sun so the Mega is more prone to be used in a specific team (unless it has Sunny Day), but still capable of doing pretty well without it like M-Garchomps and it's Ability Sand-Force. Instant Solar-Beam + STAB + Solar Power is really powerful with 140 or 145 Sp.A and Giga Drain gives it that meaning to stay alive longer with Solar Power draining it away. Great Mega idea.

M-Samurott: I want too, but being based off a Samurai I think it also needs Fighting type. But I wouldn't add that type sadly, it can only learn very few Fighting moves and Retaliate and Super Power are the only decent ones. At that point, I'd go mainstream-alize and invent Fighter Stance!! ability making Normal moves into fighting moves! ... But I won't. And cause I can agree that these stats are friendly and that Drizzle Ability too that I adore. I can say this is something that would effect the Meta pretty well. Maybe take 10 Atk and add it to Sp.Def.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Araquanid

MetalK9 wrote:

Mega Garchomp appreciates the SpA boost because garchomps run mixed occasionally to hit certain pokemon harder. For example, a garchomp may run draco meteor to catch a landorus-t switch in by surprise or fire blast to nuke skarm and ferrothorn. That boost in SpA was not useless in the slightest.

iKhan wrote:

@MegaBeedrill
Just some critique if you are going for realism, most of your stat distros aren't very likely. If you look at the megas, most of them don't get a stat drop in attacking stats. Mega Beedrill is an exception because regular Beedrill's stats are super low, so it's hard to work with just +100 without cutting an unnecessary stat. If you ask me, it's a little bit cheap for stronger pokemon, because, post phys/spec split, one of the attacking stat's is basically useless (for many pokemon), so cutting it out is almost equivalent to giving a poke +120 or something. Also, you aren't going to see every pokemon and it's mother get stats poured into speed and attack. In fact, a lot of Mega's lost speed.

I think Clawitzer would be interesting as a mixed attacking tank.

Reg:

Mega:
Atk: 113 +30
Def: 128 +40
SpA: 130 +10
SpD: 119 +30
Spe: 49 (-10)

Now you have Mega Launcher PLUS Aqua Jet for kills. Admittedly, no reliable recovery is a big problem, but I think it's an interesting mix regardless.

Aqua jet is extremely weak though. He does get sword's dance, however aqua jet is really bad because it doesn't stop anything from revenge killing it or something. Base 49 speed is really poor, and unlike mawile who nukes everything with STABs combined with it's priority, clawitzer doesn't hurt much. Pure water typing to give several things full ability to shutdown and wall it. Even specs clawitzer is slightly underwhelming... so removing it's specs for base 130 SpA is rather a joke. Rotom can litteraly wall and obliberate anything that clawitzer set does.

252+ Atk Mega Clawitzer Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 174-206 (58.5 - 69.3%) — guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Clawitzer Water Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 160-190 (46.6 - 55.3%) — 73.4% chance to 2HKO

_________

Even reg clawitzer and mega blastoise completely outclass it.
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 165-195 (48.1 - 56.8%) — 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Clawitzer Scald vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 175-208 (51 - 60.6%) — guaranteed 2HKO

My clawitzer set on the other hand sets itself appart and gives players a reason to actually use it rather than be a huge mega blastoise vs. mega clawitzer debate. It gives clawitzer massive wall breaking potential, and becoming a fast, HO threat.. When I build my mega pokemon, I try to keep them as logical, benefical, and viable as other common megas used today, while giving them limitations that stop them from being broken and ubers.. cause a mega you can't use won't exactly be benefical.. and in some cases like mega aegislash, dragonite, etc well.. they're broken because they're already extremely overpowered pokemon.

Although I do minmax a lot of my megas, as I stated, these are the stat, ability, and typing distributions that would make the pokemon better without being outclassed by it's former self or another pokemon competing for the mega slot. Clawitzer is minmax, and although those stats will likely never happen.. like everybody else's megas too, regardless there is no general rule of thumb for how we can make our megas regarding stat ditribution. If I wish to minmax than so be it, but it ain't like I'm saying give everything wonder guard or adaptability. Miltank was more of a joke with wonder guard.. just something I randomly threw in there because I have no idea what miltank needs as I never used one.

Min maxing like beedrill removing stat points and placing them in others is perfectly viable for mega suggestions. Most megas won't need it, but some will and the ones I'm primarily aiming at need minmaxing to become viable in the slightest.

For example, a pokemon like mega parasect, I'd build a more tankier set with a reduced speed stat because it is unviable due to checks and counters still murdering it no matter if I threw 100 points in speed or not. The same problems occur as before.. so it's better to give it bulk and potentially trick room viability with attack investment and an ability to support it's movepool (like prankster for priority synthesis and spore, adaptability for better offenses, etc etc.) however clawitzer on the other hand would be more viable with a speedier wall breaker mega than a bulky pivot due to it's checks being faster and easily able to shut it down.. when it can speed creep up to stop most of them with it's amazing coverage while parasect's offensive movepool is... garbage.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

iKhan

@MegaBeedrill

What is minmaxing? Anyway, I if you aren't aiming for realism, then yeah, your mon's are pretty good.

Araquanid

Minmaxing is basicly trying to minimize every pokemon's weakpoints and maximize it's biggest selling points. For example, removing 30 useless SpA points from mega beedrill, and using that 30 to bring beedrill's speed and attack stat extremely high with an overkill ability like adaptability to boost it's offenses would be minmaxing. Beedrill went from having 45 SpA, to 15.. and brought 90 atk and 75 speed to 150 with adaptability and 145 to make it as strong as possible.

Likewise I do a small ammount of minmaxing for some of the megas like taking out some of clawitzer's meh attack stat and putting it into speed or SpA to make it as powerful as possible.

Camerupt and sableye minmaxed a little too.. removing points in speed to bring up defenses/offenses.

I still find my mons to be realistic as I picture them used in the current metagame.. when I build them, I think, "Hmm.. what can this pokemon do to become viable and have it's positive traits oversell other pokemon that outclass/compete with other mons and impact the metagame?" Obviously there will be broken ones here and there like mence and kanga were.. or fricken rayquaza... and then subpar ones like obamasnow and camerupt. However this is all theorymoning to begin with, this entire thread is nothing but theorymons that potentally will never happen. Lilligant for example, viridi's suggestion, would be an amazing force in the current meta.. it would check a lot of teams such as HO and potentially balanced while providing support in priority healing wish and sleep powder.. that would be metagame defining and give it niches over other pokemon that take up mega slots.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.