Forums

Topic: Where to buy a 3ds in 2022

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Packer1121

With the recent announcement of the eshop closing early next year I wanted to reconnect with one of my favorite consoles the 3ds, only problem is I don’t know the best place to buy one. I’m looking for the “new” 3ds xl for a good price, any retailer or seller recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Packer1121

cpm

it is hard to get a 3ds now i think gamestop stoped selling 3ds systems

cpm

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3492-9863 | Nintendo Network ID: cpm001 | Twitter:

Packer1121

I could buy used too of course, just in good condition

Packer1121

WoomyNNYes

@sewshyfish Forgive the crummy news.

Nintendo officially ended 3ds/2ds family production by september 2020. I think they actually ended 3ds well before that. By 2021, no big name retail stores carried them new. Only a few people in rural markets may have still randomly found one.

And then the pandemic came, and demand skyrocketed for ALL game console generations new & USED, inflating the prices. And that high demand has remained, last time I checked. Since Late 2020 in the US, amazon and ebay are the only place to find new ones, and their prices are all inflated over their original retail price. Expect $300 for a 2ds xl, if you're lukcy. I think $325-350 is what new new New 2DS XLs were going for as of a few months ago. I expect new New 3DS XLs are likely higher, because they became scarce much earlier than New 2DS XLs.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/nintendo_3ds_produc...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--click for good bike video<3)
'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

You can buy it from online market place stores.
It’s still possible to find atari2600s online to buy

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Packer1121

@WoomyNNYes I’m well aware production stopped, in more concerned with just getting a used new 3ds xl

Packer1121

Tasuki

You can try places like pawn shops, and flea markets. Other then that the only place I can think of is online.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

Tokopedia.

If only you live in Indonesia.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Packer1121

I was thinking of doing that, prices on eBay and OfferUp are absolutely ridiculous

Packer1121

Eeros

Try a local game store (Not gamestop, though they may have some listed online?) or even facebook marketplace. You might find some on marketplace that aren't super expensive and even local to you.

Eeros

At12

I got mine (second hand from my parents in 2018) Dont know where they got it from though, check out ebay of Amazon and alibaba, Watch out for scams to.

At12

3DS Friend Code: 0791-8308-6452

SnackPop

eBay, Amazon, and Mercari sometimes have decent deals on 3DS systems, but bots will usually snatch them up before the rest of us get to see them.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

Mikmoomamimocki

@sewshyfish Get a Japanese model and hack it to remove the region lock. That's what I did, and my Japanese New 3DS LL will be arriving soon.

Japanese 3DSes are usually in far better condition than US and PAL ones, and they're much cheaper.

Normally they can't play games from other regions, and the system language will be Japanese, but you can hack it to remove the region lock. That's what I'm gonna do.

Mikmoomamimocki

iLikeUrAttitude

@Mikmoomamimocki I might just do that since 3ds and 2ds prices in the USA are insanely high now, probably due to the eshop news.

And hacking an imported 3ds console will allow me to get ahold out of one of the amazing exclusive ones in Japan like this one for example.

Untitled

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Mikmoomamimocki

@iLikeUrAttitude That design is awesome, I would get it if it wasn't the 2ds, those tend to have lesser build quality. I checked, those go for about $200 CIB and in good condition on eBay! That's the same price as a normal US one! Jeez.

Mikmoomamimocki

PhhhCough

Google search shows used/refurbished on ebay for varying prices. $75-160

PhhhCough

LinkxPeach

Amazon, or GameStop.

LinkxPeach

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic