Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,004

Nicolai

I just got this game yesterday. Is it me, or is time moving faster?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

Nicolai wrote:

I felt that way too, but haven't confirmed it. It would explain why the alien side quest was much easier. But that can just be me being older/better at games

TuVictus

yokokazuo

Operative wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I felt that way too, but haven't confirmed it. It would explain why the alien side quest was much easier. But that can just be me being older/better at games

I think Nintendolife tested it out on their YouTube channel and time does move faster, but Link moves faster in this too.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Nicolai

I did my own test. As it turns out, areas with heavy lag such as your starting position are much slower, about 60 seconds to every 70 in the 3DS version. But if you find an area with relatively little going on, it's lines up just about the same. So, my theory is that it just feels that way because my N64 is getting old

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

yokokazuo

Just beat Twinmold and I have only a few side quests left. (And 2 whole heart containers left to get)
I almost ran out of time that run... When trying to get to the boss room, I forgot you could use the hook shot on chests... And when I used the Giants mask, I was confused since Twinmold didn't turn red when I punched it and the first time I knocked it down, I had thrown a rock which was gone afterwards >.<

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

Not sure whether this thread or the Zelda U thread is most suitable but today while progressing in Ocarina of Time 3D I found some Skyward Sword references such as a Skyward Sword Link cloth-type banner. Given that Ocarina of Time 3D in relation to Skyward Sword is pretty much the same as Majora's Mask 3D in relation to Zelda U (released in the same year with the 3D remake giving people something to keep them occupied before the big news), I was thinking maybe there's some Zelda U references in Majora's Mask 3D.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

There are references in MM but not for Zelda U. You can see them all on gameexplain.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Skyward Sword was also pretty well-known by OoT 3D's release. We know next to nothing about the new Zelda though

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

It seems there's even a reference to Phantom Hourglass thrown in.

Where?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Araquanid

idk which is the phantom hourglass easter egg, I personally had the video muted for obvious reasons.

Great Jabu Jabu fishing

There are a few more easter eggs too, but you can easily find them here: http://lmgtfy.com/

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Was watching a bit of the vinesauce stream of the game...the game looks so fabulous!, however I might not get it for a while yet, gonna play some other things first.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

TeeJay wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

It seems there's even a reference to Phantom Hourglass thrown in.

Where?

Aparently in the Great Bay fishing spot you can find the same largest fish you could catch in that one.

And in the swamp? You can catch a Jabu Jabu knockoff.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Boethius

Since I've started playing this game, on two occasions the amount of the top screen used has shrunken in by a few millimeters and the quality of the image has gone down. I am playing on an original 3DS. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone know what could be causing it?

Boethius

TeeJay

Boethius wrote:

Since I've started playing this game, on two occasions the amount of the top screen used has shrunken in by a few millimeters and the quality of the image has gone down. I am playing on an original 3DS. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone know what could be causing it?

In the last moments of each day, the screen will shrink with every chime of the clock tower. The original game did this also. Perfectly normal

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Boethius

TeeJay wrote:

Boethius wrote:

In the last moments of each day, the screen will shrink with every chime of the clock tower. The original game did this also. Perfectly normal

Phew. I was really worried something was wrong. After some testing, I found you are absolutely correct.
Thanks!

Boethius

DBPirate

I'm on the Great Bay (yeah, not as far as you guys) after just getting the Zora mask and I'm looking for a heart container in the water. The Prima guide I have for the game says that you have to find a lagoon and get on top of a tank but I can't find it. It lists it as Heart Container #22. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

LzWinky

You know what, I'll just list the Great Bay pieces here:

#1: Inside the marine lab, feed the piranhas about 4-5 fish

#2: Ocean Spider House: Bring the Captain's Hat and speak to the Stalchildren

#3: Great Bay outside the Pirate Fortress: Hookshot to the columns, plant a bean and play the Scarecrow's song

#4: Great Bay outside the Pirate Fortress: Play the fisherman's game after beating the Temple

#5: Zora Cape at the waterfall on the shore: Dive to the bottom and beat the Like Like

#6: Zora Cape: Beat the beavers at the top of the waterfall twice (race each one twice)

#7: Zora Hall: Play a jam session with the bass player and then play the song for Evan (the keyboardist) as anyone BUT Zora Link

#8: Zora Hall: Business Scrub in Lulu's room

#9: Pirate's Fortress: Inside the cage in one room. Just hit the switch and run in there (might need Bunny Hood)

#10: Pinnacle Rock: Beat all the snakes and rescue the seahorse

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DBPirate

Ok, thank you! By the way, I've heard Great Bay Temple was annoying in the original. Is it still annoying?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.