Forums

Topic: Conception II: The Thread: Turbo Edition

Posts 41 to 60 of 74

What_Sthat

Basically, from what I've seen and heard, people who were waiting for the demo to make a better informed decision aren't more likely to pick up the game to pick up the game today than they were yesterday. I've also heard that the 3DS demo was pretty disappointing compared to the one Vita users got to try, though the full games are supposed to be the same. I've had it preordered for months and will be ready to pick it up in a few weeks.

Game(s) right now: Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy Maxima

CaviarMeths

Unca_Lz wrote:

If you don't care for anime in general, this is not the game for you. If you like anime, you might like this.

I'm in the first group, so I have zero interest

You sure are commenting a lot on a game in which you have zero interest.

Blast wrote:

I related the game to anime because there actually are anime that have bizarre concepts like this game.

If you think anime has some weird concepts, you should get into some of the manga that are too weird to be made into anime lol.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

NImH wrote:

@Blast I must ask if you're prejudiced against anime in general... or is the demo legitimately bad? I don't mind anime at all so would the Anime aspect make a difference to someone like me?

Oh, I luv anime. The demo isn't BAD. Its just REALLY weird. Now that I understand the concept and what's TRULY going on... I can't help but wonder who the heck in Atlus thought the concept was a good idea?
Once you get the demo... start digging. Keep playing. You'll eventually realize the concept.
I related the game to anime because there actually are anime that have bizarre concepts like this game.

Not to mention the game is a playable anime.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

If you don't care for anime in general, this is not the game for you. If you like anime, you might like this.

I'm in the first group, so I have zero interest

You sure are commenting a lot on a game in which you have zero interest.

I've wanted to see how bad this game was (in terms of ridiculousness)...and I'm really not that disappointed

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

I've completed the PS Vita and 3DS demos for this game. I'll post my impressions:

PS VITA:
Length: I'd say 3.5 - 5 hours, depending on how long you take.
This is basically the first several hours of the game, and the demo concludes upon successfully conquering the first boss.
All the major aspects of gameplay are touched upon, and this is one of the best demos I've ever played. Second, perhaps, only to EO4's almost 8 hour demo. Same idea: game progress is transferred over to the full version.

Benefits of the PS Vita version:

• Incredibly good-looking graphics. The character portraits are clean and sharp, and the 3D models are excellent. Everything, framerate-wise, seems perfectly fluid.
  • Clear sound. Music and voice acting both sound sharp.
  • Superior controls.
  • As it is the first few hours of gameplay, it is eases you into the action.

3DS
Length: 1 - 3 hours, depending on how quickly you play (and if you skip side stuff). I'd already played through the whole Vita version, so I only played long enough to beat the demo, which took me roughly an hour
This is completely different than the Vita version. This... basically introduces some of the game's major mechanics, with virtually no context provided whatsoever. This is an awful, awful demo, and it might have cooled my interest in the full game if it had been my only introduction to the game.

Benefits of the 3DS version:

• This is a bit of a stretch, but the demo does introduce you to a character that isn't available near the beginning of the game (and thus the Vita's demo of the game). You also don't get access to all of the beginning characters in this version, though, so...
  • Audio isn't as bad as I would have expected.

Drawbacks of the 3DS version:
Where to begin?

• The 3DS demo sucks. The Vita demo is awesome. So maybe I should list that.
  • Low-res artwork. Everything looks... foggy on the 3DS. Maybe it won't look as bad for someone not coming immediately off of the Vita demo, but everything looks so much worse in this demo that I almost hated to look at it. I think it is probably just bad-looking, though, as things didn't look nearly so dramatically different between, say, the 3DS and Vita version of Virtue's Last Reward.
  • Choppy frame-rate.
  • 3D is nonexistent in some parts of the game and poorly implemented in others.
  • Dual-screen setup is not properly implemented. The biggest omission is not putting the dungeon map on the touch screen. Instead of using the extensive unused space on the bottom screen to display it, the map is displayed over the top-screen display as in the Vita version.

General impressions:

• The game reminds me a lot of Persona 3/4/P4G. As in those games, you can interact socially with your comrades outside of battles and this can lead to strengthening the creatures (Personas/Star Children) you use in battle. The dungeon set-up and navigation also seems very similar to Persona, although less complex. Overall I'd say this resembles a watered-down Persona with more fan-service.
  • Music is mostly unremarkable. The primary random encounter theme once you're given free reign to explore the first labyrinth is pretty cool, but the rest of the OST is just... there. Not terrible, but after playing through JRPGs such as Persona 4 Golden, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Bravely Default that have really awesome OSTs, this just fails to impress.
  • The plot seems a bit rubbish thus far, but it is a good bit of fun. Come in with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek.
  • This is really heavy in innuendo thus far. The fan-service is quite a bit lighter than I expected, though.
  • Most of the dialogue is fully voiced, which is good.
  • I like how, as in Persona, the dating sim aspects are integrated in with the dungeon crawling. Not as well, mind you, but it doesn't feel like a complete waste, either.
  • Quite a few well-animated anime cut-scenes in this game thus far.

I expect the Vita release will be quite a bit of fun. The 3DS version most likely will as well, if you can get over how much worse it look. I get the impression that this was built ground-up for the Vita and that it was just ported to the 3DS because of how much better that device is selling everywhere. This is ideally suited for play on the Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Playing through the Vita demo right now, but I'll also play through the 3DS demo and talk about what differences, if any, I see in-between the two. I'll update this post regularly.

Impressions thus far:

Good:

• Gorgeous semi-animated character stills. Not sure how the 3DS version will look, but the art is terrific in the Vita release.
  • Extensive voice-acting.
  • So far, the voice acting is solid. Will update if that changes.
  • Battles seem like they're going to be strategic affairs.
  • Tutorials are all very helpful thus far.
  • There a lot of dynamics involved in the whole classmating/conception aspect of the game. VERY dating sim-ish.

Mixed:

• Music is odd. Not bad, but not terribly catchy, either.
  • Game is very wink-wink, nudge-nudge about the whole classmating thing. It doesn't bother me a bit, but some people might not care for the somewhat immature attitude the game has. Also, worth noting that there are a lot of innuendos in the game.
  • Apparently you and your female classmate both get a magical girl-esque transformation sequence whenever you're preparing to explore a labyrinth. They're pretty cool, but some people might get tired of them after a while.

Bad:

• 6-character limit on your character's name, apparently. Moreover, there's no simple "Create Name" button. You have to select a random name and then go in and edit that. I should also note that somehow the selection I made for the character's name ended up changing to the other random name that I thought I didn't select, which was weird.
  • Chlotz is horribly obnoxious.

With that said, I'm off to impregnate more anime waifu-- AHEM... I mean, save the world!

Thanks for this! Really curious to hear about the differences from one version to the other though?! Not that i'm even slightly interested in a vita though! Just want to know how bad the 3ds version is compared to the vita!

Other then the breathing of the characters which for whatever reasn i can't seem to get over i've still only barely started the demo. Too much talking for me to get into it for only 15mins at a time. Might need to wait till i have an hour or two to dig in!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Why can't I just use super sperm?? All this courting is getting tiring!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I finished both demos and completely re-wrote my impressions post earlier in the thread for them.

CanisWolfred

Haha, I was going to grab the Vita demo anyways because my 3DS SD card is full, but it looks like that's the best way to go. Ooh, and save progress is transfered over? Nice! Thanks for the impressions, Ralizah!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I can see your last statement being true however not seeing the vita version I can say the 3ds version thus far looks colorful and not blurry at all. Looks to me one of the more crisp games on the system. As for frame rate I guess I didn't notice as I haven't play as much yet. Thanks for the impression!!

MERG said:

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Haha, I was going to grab the Vita demo anyways because my 3DS SD card is full, but it looks like that's the best way to go. Ooh, and save progress is transfered over? Nice! Thanks for the impressions, Ralizah!

No problem. I love having both handhelds to compare different versions of the same game. I was hoping that the map would be fleshed out a bit and moved to the touch screen for this game, but alas...

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Yeah I can see your last statement being true however not seeing the vita version I can say the 3ds version thus far looks colorful and not blurry at all. Looks to me one of the more crisp games on the system. As for frame rate I guess I didn't notice as I haven't play as much yet. Thanks for the impression!!

Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I came to the 3DS demo after multiple hours of the Vita demo. Some people have major issues, for instance, with the inferior frame-rate of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D after getting used to the Wii version of the game. I've never played the one on the Wii, though, so it seemed fine to me.
The difference between the Vita an 3DS graphics are night and day, but maybe it doesn't look bad if you have nothing to compare the 3DS version to. I was expecting the 3DS version to have less clarity, considering the Vita is a powerhouse and has an OLED screen, but I was surprised by how drastic it was. The social events looked really washed-out, and the dungeon parts looked borderline blurry. Glad to know this effect either isn't present or isn't as severe for the 3DS-only users, however.

I'll say this: if the content is the same, and you have no problems with the graphics or poor implementation of the touch screen, you'll likely have a blast with the full version. The first two hours or so are largely visual novel-esque, but once you get into the game, it's really a good bit of fun. The characters are introduced very well in the opening section of the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Well haven't made it to any dungeon yet so ill be looking for it. As for the rest of what you said if you hadn't told me I wouldn't know anyways so I'm sure ill enjoy it as much as any Atlus game! With that said...........I just made my first star child and MUHaaahahhaaahaaahhaaaa!! I should be blushing as this is a first for me with this type of game. I'm not really sure what to think?!

MERG said:

Ralizah

I can already tell I'm going to be getting a lot of guilty enjoyment from this title.

MAN1AC

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Playing the game right now. I'm done bonding with my classmates as well as making my Stat Child with a funny cutscene and cheesy music and now hitting the labyrinth.

"Touch my heaaaaart... I just wanna make love to you" LMAO!!!

For those of you who didn't know or watch the trailers, this is a anime/waifu RPG more or less lol. I played and beat the demo last night. I beat it with Torri and I'll probably "classmate" with Fukko tomorrow or Friday, but here's what I liked and didn't like in the 3DS version:

Pros:
-Great VA - with OPTIONAL text that allows you to fast forward, which is always a good thing. It seems that it was a good translation too(not surprising since its Atlus and Spike Chunsoft).

-Interesting story - I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil the game, but the concept of the game and how it ties into the school seems like it has a lot of potential..

-The tutorials are done very well. They're quick, get straight to the point, and the hand holding isn't overbearing like in some RPGS. They do a good job of not overloading you with info too.

-Deep battle system - There's the typical HP and MP, but the way you move in a battle, how you can "chain" and build momentum against enemies is very nice.

-There's a lot of options- You can choose who you partner with and what type of star children are grouped together. There's classes for star children too

-I liked the dungeon(or Labyrinth) design - The demo obviously gives you the bare minimum but I liked how there are floors( I'm hoping this means the actual game has huge labyrinths) and the floors don't seems so linear

Cons:
-The music is cheesy. -______-

-There's a few things I didn't like about the battle system - There were times when more than one enemy was on the field and I didn't really have the option of which one to attack unless I used a move that took up a lot of MP. I don't know if this was due this being the demo or if I was doing something wrong but hopefully the actual game gives you more freedom.

-You can't save in the labyrinths - I'm not sure wtf this is about but hopefully you can in the actual game.

-The demo was too short - The game gives you the basics, introduces you to some of the main cast, gives you a small taste of how the school environment ties into the game and how it can change what happens in the rest of the game, let's you beat one labyrinth, and that's it. I think I beat it in about 2 hours.

Overall, I liked the demo.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Spoony_Tech

MAN1AC wrote:

-There's a few things I didn't like about the battle system - There were times when more than one enemy was on the field and I didn't really have the option of which one to attack unless I used a move that took up a lot of MP.

-You can't save in the labyrinths - I'm not sure wtf this is about but hopefully you can in the actual game.

Ah but you can select which monster to attack first. Right after you select your move hit the right button. As for the save that can be annoying for sure. I also hope it's only tied to the demo.

MERG said:

Wheeler

MAN1AC wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Playing the game right now. I'm done bonding with my classmates as well as making my Stat Child with a funny cutscene and cheesy music and now hitting the labyrinth.

"Touch my heaaaaart... I just wanna make love to you" LMAO!!!

For those of you who didn't know or watch the trailers, this is a anime/waifu RPG more or less lol. I played and beat the demo last night. I beat it with Torri and I'll probably "classmate" with Fukko tomorrow or Friday, but here's what I liked and didn't like in the 3DS version:

Pros:
-Great VA - with OPTIONAL text that allows you to fast forward, which is always a good thing. It seems that it was a good translation too(not surprising since its Atlus and Spike Chunsoft).

-Interesting story - I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil the game, but the concept of the game and how it ties into the school seems like it has a lot of potential..

-The tutorials are done very well. They're quick, get straight to the point, and the hand holding isn't overbearing like in some RPGS. They do a good job of not overloading you with info too.

-Deep battle system - There's the typical HP and MP, but the way you move in a battle, how you can "chain" and build momentum against enemies is very nice.

-There's a lot of options- You can choose who you partner with and what type of star children are grouped together. There's classes for star children too

-I liked the dungeon(or Labyrinth) design - The demo obviously gives you the bare minimum but I liked how there are floors( I'm hoping this means the actual game has huge labyrinths) and the floors don't seems so linear

Cons:
-The music is cheesy. -______-

-There's a few things I didn't like about the battle system - There were times when more than one enemy was on the field and I didn't really have the option of which one to attack unless I used a move that took up a lot of MP. I don't know if this was due this being the demo or if I was doing something wrong but hopefully the actual game gives you more freedom.

-The demo was too short - The game gives you the basics, introduces you to some of the main cast, gives you a small taste of how the school environment ties into the game and how it can change what happens in the rest of the game, let's you beat one labyrinth, and that's it. I think I beat it in about 2 hours.

Overall, I liked the demo.

You're so kawaii.

I need to give my impression next time, but I agree most of what you just said

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Bolt_Strike

Just downloaded the demo, it's basically Waifu Simulator RPG, doesn't really interest me. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink a gallon of brain bleach.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths

I hope Waifu Simulator RPG HD will be coming to Wii U.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Just downloaded the demo, it's basically Waifu Simulator RPG, doesn't really interest me. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink a gallon of brain bleach.

Waiting for the Husbando Simulator RPG sequel?

MAN1AC

So a friend was at my place the other day and I showed him the demo. I actually played through the demo on his Vita and its definitely the better of the 2. I imagine this will be the case with the actual game as well. I dont plan on getting a Vita until later this year so oh well.

Ralizah wrote:

I can already tell I'm going to be getting a lot of guilty enjoyment from this title.

There's so much Miiverse potential in this game

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.