Forums

Topic: An 100$ game is on the eShop and it looks AWFUL.

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

JadeGames

I honestly wanna see someone get it just to see what it's like. If anyone could buy it or find "gameplay" of it i'd actually wanna see what it is.

she/him
he/him preferred

Switch Friend Code: SW-0195-2225-9330

WoomyNNYes

@ralphdibny ....and I was going to say, it's not even a game. But it says it's game that uses the 3d effect to test visual acuity. I'm buying it right now.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JadeGames

Yo, please tell what you find. Now i'm really curious lol.

she/him
he/him preferred

Switch Friend Code: SW-0195-2225-9330

WoomyNNYes

@JadeGames @ralphdibny (edit: found and pasted the youtube demo showing the PDI Check tests at the bottom)

PDI Check webste: http://www.pdicheck.com/

My review 🤔: Its a vision test. It's quick. It does it's job. It's interesting that it's on the 3DS. Now I'm curious who's idea it was to make it for the 3DS.

Stereoscopic test is a timed result, no idea if the time I get is good or bad.
Acuity is timed, gave me "20/20" (that I understand that result).
Color test rates me at "Green:85%". I dont know what that means. This part is interesting to me, because I had a job which required testing for color blindness, and I passed that at the time, no notable color blindness issues.

Here is a PDF with details about PDI Check game/test
http://www.pdicheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/PDI-Check-...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ralphdibny

@WoomyNNYes haha nice, I wish they released this in UK for a few pounds. Maybe the colour test result can change depending on what model of LCD panel you're particular 3ds uses 🤔

See ya!

WoomyNNYes

@ralphdibny UK eshop doesn't have it? Or doesn't have it on sale? Its a shame we cant gift games via redeem codes.

Seems obvious to me the 3ds in the PDI Check demo video has non-ips screen. As evident by the fuzzy washed out screen, especially from side views.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ralphdibny

@WoomyNNYes nah it just didn't come out here at all according to Wikipedia list of 3ds games. I kind of thought it did but I guess I never actually checked because I wouldn't have bought it for £100 anyway.

I know other comments say it seems unlikely to be used but somehow id highly doubt it would get used in the UK. We have two types of opticians, budget (chains like Specsavers, boots and Asda) and the probably good but expensive local opticians. Very old fashioned, probably have a fish tank in the waiting area and probably not doing as well due to the cheap competition. I can't see either kind wacking out the 3ds!

We do have some rather expensive "guides to the Louvre" museum in Paris though for some reason available in a bunch of languages. That's probably on the American eshop anyway though.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic