Forums

Topic: An 100$ game is on the eShop and it looks AWFUL.

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

Toy_Link

It’s not a game, it’s a piece of software meant to be used as a tool by eye doctors.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

boop23

the amount of shovelware nintendo lets slip by is already crazy, but this? this is the pinnacle of absurdity that they've let on the eshop.

boop23

JadeGames

@Galarian_Lassie Why release that on the eShop though? Why not on a computer? What eye doctor uses a Nintendo 3DS?

she/him
he/him preferred

Switch Friend Code: SW-0195-2225-9330

Eel

Ever since the new 3ds made it easier to release poorly optimized games, the 3ds eshop has been plagued with low effort titles. Not sure if that’s the case here, is this exclusive to the new systems?

Anyway, this likely is just a simple case of “it only takes one fool to make us 100 dollars richer”. By making it a medical “tool”, you can pretend it has a value.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

@JadeGames Because the software utilizes the glasses free screen of the 3DS + the eye tracking camera. I don't think there's another device out there that has that functionality.

link3710

JadeGames

@link3710 Still though, i don't see any doctor using this. In fact, this thing only has one review.

she/him
he/him preferred

Toy_Link

@JadeGames Believe it or not the equivalent tools usually cost more than buying a New 3DS and this game. So it’s a cheaper alternative, especially if the entity in question already happens to have a New 3DS at hand.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JadeGames

@Galarian_Lassie I know. I just find it weird and feel like nobody would be using it because i don't see an eye doctor bringing (or even owning) a 3DS.
It'd be interesting, and odd to see someone using this, but idk. Seems unlikely.

she/him
he/him preferred

Sunsy

@Galarian_Lassie Your answer is spot on, the creator even said they want eye clinics to use it and it replaces tools that costs $500 each. Just found out from browsing their forum (found via the official site link found on Nintendo's page).

Also, this is kind of reminding me of that tool the Game Boy Advance had for diabetes at one point too. Learned about that one awhile back and never knew it existed.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Octane

For $100, you'd expect them to at least hire a graphical designer. It looks hideous.

Octane

Matthew010

I mean, it's a doctor's tool, it doesn't have to look good.

Matthew010

Tyranexx

Matthew010 wrote:

I mean, it's a doctor's tool, it doesn't have to look good.

Agreed. You'd be surprised how much medical software, while fully functional, isn't exactly pretty. By modern standards anyway.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Medical software isn’t pretty, but it isn’t quite this ugly usually.

This thing is not just plain, it’s like, “graphic design is my passion” meme level. It simply does not look professional.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I wonder offhand how many eye care offices HAVE caved to frugalism and used this.

@StableInvadeel If you want to put your eyes through some torture the next time you're bored, I recommend checking out Web Pages That Suck. The site hasn't been updated since 2014-15 since I last checked, but there are some REAL winners featured on there.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JadeGames

LMAO it is on sale
Better have some doctors grab it while they can. ¯(ツ)

she/him
he/him preferred

ralphdibny

@WoomyNNYes it's a shame it's US only, I love a "good deal". As in I would genuinely buy this at that price to see what it's like lol

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

WoomyNNYes

@ralphdibny I know, it's tempting, right? Because it was $100, and now it's $5, and it's an oddity. I have to admit, I'm curious.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic