Forums

Topic: Visual Novels

Posts 461 to 463 of 463

Hompen

I started playing To Heart for PSP in Japanese some days ago.
It's now one of my favorite Visual Novels ever (I haven't played that many). Really like the characters, music and everything, even starting listening to the themesong. I also loved the anime many years ago.
Felt like this one was much easier an more fun to play than Famicom Detective Club in Japanese(choosen because it had furigana).
It made such and impact on me that i decided to try to challenge myself to play 1000 hours of visual novels, to improve my japanese.

I was getting a bit frustrated with only getting the "bad" ending all the time, so i had to look up a walkthrough.
So far only gotten Lemmy (She has a very "interesting" family, as she's half american), but aiming for Akari now.
Many strange cultural difference-things with Lemmy, like how she's clueless about video games because she's american? Main character also absolutely hates learning the english language, with his "english is absolutely useless, and everyone knows it"-attitude , which i found a bit fun with his bantering.

Thinking of trying out the PSP version of Kanon afterwards, probably.

Hompen

Lightgazer

@Hompen

If by chance, you ever get the chance to play REWRITE, may i be informed if its good? ive always eyed it up but the language barrier always kept me off of it...

Someday, somewhere in the Sky...
may we meet again.

My Nintendo: Lightgazer

Hompen

@Lightgazer
I have not.
To Heart is the first game i have ever completed in Japanese(yay!), and the first "pure" visual novel i've played through since Tsukihime 20 years or so ago.
I do want to try to play through all the Key visual novels in order, though.

Hompen

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic