Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,621 to 2,633 of 2,633

VoidofLight

It's not even trying to hide the fact that they're AI comments. One of them is literally just saying The Hive is a good server and giving the textbook definition of what the server is.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Dogorilla Yeah, the second link you posted, that user comment in the thread about 'samarai game card', it's a random new user, and their comment looks vague & pointless enough, just like a bot. It's probably a bot. That new user has zero activity elsewhere. I used the Report button on the comment, selected Other, and said "possible bot. vague and seemingly pointless post."
EDIT: And that user in your first link has a suspiciously similar looking person in the profile pic. It does appear fishy.

Before we start acting like it's Salem circa 1600s and accuse everyone of being an AI bot, vague and pointless posts aren't restricted to bots as there are plenty of silly people in the world/this forum and part of the functions of some AI bots is to find accounts to then create a similar account in effort to engage with that person so say if someone had a profile pic of Justin Bieber they'd create a profile with Justin Bieber too expecting the hu-man to more likely to respond to them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FishyS

jump wrote:

WoomyNNYes wrote:

And that user in your first link has a suspiciously similar looking person in the profile pic. It does appear fishy.

Before we start acting like it's Salem circa 1600s and accuse everyone of being an AI bot

I admit it, I'm an AI bot.

In general, bots usually post thing which should be deleted or flagged (whether it be advertisements, inappropriate, etc). I feel like flagging comments which break TOS or are otherwise seriously problematic is generally enough for forum users without worrying about which are bots and which are just human pests.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

WoomyNNYes

@jump This is just about identifying a bot. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. That's fine. It could be a coincidence. There was no ill will intended toward the users. If they're real people, they are welcome. I guess this serves as a good example of why we're not supposed to discuss moderation.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes yeah report something odd then just move on with ya life is probably a better tactic than a round table discussion of finger pointing who is and isn’t a bot.

On a related but separate not I highly recommend the movie The Artifice Girl, it’s about scientists creating an AI that looks and acts like a tween girl to trap pedos over the internet. Lots of long philosophical debates and monologues like an episode of Star Trek or Doctor Who but without the action scene pew pew scenes in between.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

CaleBoi25

@jump

Lots of long philosophical debates and monologues like an episode of Star Trek or Doctor Who but without the action scene pew pew scenes in between.

So... Better Star Wars, then, actually.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

@antdickens My userpage has a link in it, which is underlined. However, it is also in red text, which makes it look like a broken link. Maybe a different color would help make things clear? Here is the link so you can see what I mean:
https://splatcomp.fandom.com/User:CaleBoi25

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

CaleBoi25

@antdickens OK, that's fine then. I do hope you will add the option to choose a color theme for your userpage soon though!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

jump

CaleBoi25 wrote:

@jump

Lots of long philosophical debates and monologues like an episode of Star Trek or Doctor Who but without the action scene pew pew scenes in between.

So... Better Star Wars, then, actually.

I wouldn't call Star Wars sci-fi tbh, they might look like a sci-fi film but it's really fantasy with a few touches lifted from western, war and samurai films thrown in. Think about those movies as they are really about who sits on the royal throne, space wizards using force magic, heavily armoured knights and armies like most fantasy films and even starts with "a long time ago" like a fairy tale. In any case I digress as this should be taken up in another thread.

Nicolai wrote:

CaleBoi25

@antdickens Whoops, my bad.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic