theblackdragon

theblackdragon

there are no girls on the internet

Forums

Posts 11,902 to 11,925 of 13,016

Re: Quality or quantity?

theblackdragon

i'm not absolutely desperate for anything at the moment, but I do prefer quality over quantity. my money trees have been rather unproductive lately, so it's not like I have the extra dough lying around to purchase a VC game and hope I don't hate it. of course, my label of 'quality' translates directly into 'games from my retro collection that I loved playing the heck out of', so ymmv re: whether or not you'd agree with what I'd call a 'quality' game.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Unsober downloading

theblackdragon

downloaded anything? no.
played anything? you bet. 'Drunken Mario' was a surprising hit last christmas with my friends, and then of course we had to bust out with the Guitar Hero World Tour because one of the dudes who lived in that apartment had gotten it from his girlfriend as an early present. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

They truly only care about money when it comes to VC!!

Nintendo is a business. In order to remain a successful business, they need to cater to wherever the money is. If the money is in WiiWare at the moment, and they've got some good WiiWare titles lined up for release at the moment, that's what they're gonna focus on.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Even petitions are not going to change their minds, only decreasing sales numbers of WiiWare games.

Absolutely, because money talks louder than any words (unless you're talking contracts, but contracts are generally money-related anyhow) in the business world.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

This also means we will more than likely not see a Virtual Handheld service on the DSiWare ever. If this is the case, NOA has made one of the worst decisions ever.

And if this is the case (i would be sad :/), then at least Reggie has been up-front with us from day one about it instead of dangling it over our heads.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: The New Forum Games Trading Area

theblackdragon

lol, that's pretty hilarious. i thought you were quoting this video :3
[youtube:XHdXG2gV01k]

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Hey how about some Carmen sandiego for Wiiware?

theblackdragon

@RJay: we had that game in one of my elementary school classes too... lol, I remember we only managed to catch her once, and that was because we left the computer on and running all day during class (this was back in the days before computers running Windows became standard fare in classrooms, and you turned a computer off when you were done with it). We played it before class started, played it during recess, and then we played it when we were done for the day and were waiting for the bell to ring.

either way, i don't think i'd bother with a WiiWare CS game, though it would make a great point-and-click educational title. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: POLL: How many times have you seen the Orphan trailer? :D

theblackdragon

do you mean the commercial on TV? if so, I'm pretty sure I've seen that come on more than 27 times. oh, it's another ad? my bad, carry on. D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: DSlite vs DSi for kids?

theblackdragon

it depends on where you're located. If you're in Europe, it's white or black, but if you're in North America it's black or a teal-ish light blue color.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: WTF acronyms

theblackdragon

I don't think anyone purposefully set out to make FTW 'clean'; it was just that 'for the win' was a popular saying on the internet that got compressed into acronym form. lots of common things get compressed like that: 'IANAL' (i am not a lawyer), 'IAWTC' (i agree with this comment), 'IIRC' (if i recall correctly), 'YMMV' (your mileage may vary), 'YHBT' (you have been trolled), 'DIAF' (die in a fire), 'TBH' (to be honest), 'IMO/IME' (in my opinion/in my experience)...

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: HAT FAIL

theblackdragon

that kind of thing is pretty common with pre-painted statues/figures IME... the glove/fingers have got problems too.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: DSlite vs DSi for kids?

theblackdragon

each DSi has its own Shop account and must make its own DSiWare purchases.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

@SSBFan 12: lol, nice priorities there

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: HAT FAIL

theblackdragon

meh, that's some nicely detailed hair for a statue anyway. it needs to be shown off.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

Captain+Jack+Sparrow wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Captain+Jack+Sparrow wrote:

Hahaha... looks like you read my mind!! I bet he comes back though & sees the angry comments I said to him!! Maybe then he'll say something productive & not to incosiderate to me!!

I'd hope he can find it in himself to be the bigger man about the things you've said to him as well.

Yeah right... like hell I am! When it comes to forums & sites like this I usually have certain people I have to despise/loathe entirely/hate! So don't get me started! This stupid NintendoLife is just like stupid NSider2; which I've been banned from too many times as well!

If you don't want to be nice and play by the forum rules, then of course they're gonna ban you. Seriously, chill out. You don't have to 'despise/loathe entirely/hate' anyone, not here, not there, not anywhere. Irrational hatred and explosions like these serve no purpose.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: The Most Hilarious / Strange Scene Ever from a TV Show!

theblackdragon

parrots are so awesome. i hope they don't really have a dog, though... talking parrots can drive dogs nuts. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:

Hahaha... looks like you read my mind!! I bet he comes back though & sees the angry comments I said to him!! Maybe then he'll say something productive & not to incosiderate to me!!

I'd hope he can find it in himself to be the bigger man about the things you've said to him as well.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

Ausden wrote:

... take your Ritalin... get some chocolate milk...

so first you say to take the ritalin, and then drink sugar? won't those two cancel each other out or something?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

... suddenly the Mario Clock and Calculator don't seem so stupid, do they? They're keeping the series alive!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Can anybody point me toward the blood-sanctioned promise that NOA made to keep us well stocked with VC releases every week until the end of time?

Because I'd really love to see it.

amen, brother.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: The New Forum Games Trading Area

theblackdragon

@jangonov: what LARPs did you play? a friend invited me one time to a Vampire: The Masquerade game they were playing at a local college... i think i'd rather say stuff about attacking the darkness out loud than decide who won a brawl with rock-scissors-paper any day. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

@SSBFan1999: aww, give the guy a break... first he does the 'plumbers don't wear ties' video, and then he just did the Comic-con thing for Spike TV this weekend. surely he has better things to rant about than this.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Re: Nintendo not sopporting VC right now because of Wiiware and no plans to update the nintendo and internet channels here.

theblackdragon

They didn't say they were ending VC support entirely; all they said was that their focus had shifted. all they said 'NO' to was an Internet Channel and Nintendo Channel update for NA.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Top