Forums

Posts 1 to 26 of 118

Re: Double Fine launches Kickstarter campaign for old school adventure game

stromboli

This is very nice. It shows there is a lot of support for the classic adventure games. These were huge at the time of Sierra and Lucasarts and Westwood, and died gradually/abruptly when everybody wanted FPS's all of the sudden, or higher paced action, but the population that likes these games still loves them and willing to support them. Unfortunately, I do believe the Wii platform could be great for these games, and support for that is not strong enough. It will be great if it improves with the Wii U.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: In your opinion, which recent platformer has the best level design?

stromboli

There's also Warioland and the Kirbys. If you indeed include the 3D platformers, then there's no real contest. The Super Mario Galaxys are the best games ever made, especially in the level design sense.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: 3DS Resident Evil: Revelations

stromboli

I loved this quote from GameShark's review:

"It’s also important that the game is something you can’t get on your iOS or Android mobile device; between the 3D, the AAA production values, and the full service treatment of the IP, this game is practically a value proposition for the continued vitality of handheld gaming platforms. It’s also an important game for the 3DS in particular because it demonstrates the viability of a hardcore-oriented franchise as well as how powerful the 3D effect can be in creating a game environment."

Often you hear people saying that the difference between the mobile and the handheld devices is the controls. But I disagree. Certain games are just fine with touch controls, and it's not difficult to imagine connecting a controller to a phone if necessary (there are already such tools). It's just not the core difference. To me, the difference is the dual screen and the 3D. You can't imagine either on widespread mobile phones - it just won't work. 3D works with dual screens, and it's too big for mobile phones. The clamshell design and the fact that it's not a phone allows this setup. So whatever one feels about his smartphone, the 3DS always has this advantage which makes playing on it a special experience.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Your Prayers Answered? Nintendo May Be Considering Wii U "Rebrand."

stromboli

It's sad if Nintendo is really considering a name change, just because some people, are frankly, too "stupid" not to realize that it's a new console. And if this is Nintendo's problem, then the problem will remain if they stick with the Wii name with their only option is to call it Wii 2. Wii the Next Generation.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

stromboli

"If people still buy a console" - I didn't think it was a difficult idea to grasp that Tasuki does not represent all people, but I guess it is. Sigh. Also, Sony cares when people buy the console. They would prefer for people to buy it as soon as they can and for the highest price. Lunacy I know.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

stromboli

Besides the fact, that he bought it a later date, and possibly for less money, I don't think the debate is proven or disproven, or affected Sony in any non de minimis way, by whether Tasuki bought the console or not. There are other consumers that are not Tasuki.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

stromboli

[quote="PolkaDotChocobo"][quote="PolkaDotChocobo"]

stromboli wrote:

The console sold well though. Forget America, it did fine, consistently outselling the Xbox 360 everywhere else.

Anecdotally, I have not, ever, met someone who decided not to buy a PS3 because it was not backwards compatible.

Well, obviously, we can't forget America, since it seems backward compatibility is something important for American consumers. The source itself shows a lot of comments saying they won't buy the console because of this, and a lot of rage in general. Many similar experiences I have seen (and met) at the time of the PS3 launch. I also don't think it sold well. It's pretty easy to outsell the 360 in Japan for obvious reasons (by the way, in Europe as well there is some antagonism towards Microsoft, and Sony spent an enormous amount of money in advertising, as in the Champions League, so it's not a very difficult fight considering everything), but the PS3 was, and in fact is, very underwhelming, considering the brand name and the position of the PS2 in the previous generation. It was one of the factors that had Sony suffering (annual) losses of billions consistently for the past 4 years, including the latest.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Data East Arcade Classics

stromboli

That makes Pacman an even greater achievement, then.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

stromboli

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Knux wrote:

All I have to say is eff you, SOA. This will just decrease Vita sales in the US when it launches.

@Tendoboy: You don't know what a PSP Go is?

I'm not sure anyone will care, actually. Lack of backwards compatibility didn't stop people buying PS3s

Actually, it probably did. There were many other reasons why it never sold as well as people expected, but this was one of them.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Ideas on New 3DS Club Nintendo Games for February?

stromboli

malle66 wrote:

i have two old Wii Systems and won''t be getting any download games because I know that when they die so will all the downloaded games.

I don't understand that. Why would they ever die? They're not living creatures. If they stop working, you can fix them, no? What is it? If it's the laser or the reading mechanism, then it doesn't affect the downloaded games, so you're left with the actual CPU/GPU which will cost more money to repair/replace and small stuff like the fan or something which will be easier to fix? People are still playing with their NES, no? Nintendo is around and you can always fix it with them. So I think you should feel pretty good about downloading them, if that's the reason....

Edited on by James

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Should a GTA be on the 3DS?

stromboli

jasonlovestwinkies wrote:

Why does no one beileve in the 3DS being able to run games. Yeash.

Prevalent Sony fanboyism/anti Nintendo bias, which has an effect of also creating a self hating/Stockholm syndrome in many other people.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: VC IS BACK!!!

stromboli

I wouldn't be pessimistic. Nintendo's priorities at the moment, besides 3DS, is to make some incredible launch for the Wii U. New games to release within 10 months. That's a huge endeavor. NA will probably pull something like they did with the Demos - nobody expected so many Wiiware demos at once ,and everyone will be surprised when the VC games start popping out again. It's all part of the general masterplan.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Data East Arcade Classics

stromboli

@Gamesake yep, and I agree! That game looks awesome. It's just that I don't understand why the graphics of BurgerTime and Lock n' Chase look like that. There's something wrong - why couldn't they design it like in the Gameboy? Why does it look like stick figures? It's plain messed up.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Should a GTA be on the 3DS?

stromboli

Will be on the Wii U, don't think it needs to be portable. I have GTA2 on the GBC and still haven't figured it out.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Making games challenging again...

stromboli

All the games today that have stories and are linear, usually the FPS or adventure games, are really easy and present no challenge. Usually it's because they were thinking more about the on-line aspect of the game all the time. It's why I find it a necessity to play the VC games to experience the real difficulty of platformers and shooters - it's much more satisfying, and you don't think that you will necessarily ever beat the game. It's why the Bit Trip games were so great... that ol' school difficulty, one more time feeling. It's a lost art, but it's one of the big pluses of the Wii in general.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Do you think Angry Birds should be available in the Nintendo Eshop?

stromboli

Because of the 3D, Angry Birds on 3DSware would be the best version of them all in my opinion, so it's not really a bad idea. A free demo and for 200 points, they should have done it already when you think about it.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Nintendo Week!

stromboli

Sometimes is streams badly but sometimes it streams perfectly to me. Could be it depends on the time of day, but when it does, I watch all the videos and it's wonderful. It's not that different from a regular PC, internet and trying to watch youtube episodes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing to do with Nintendo bandwidth, it's just fine.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: The Simpsons Arcade Game

stromboli

Yeah, I think it just might.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Re: Simpsons Arcade game rated for multiple platforms

stromboli

You never know, it just might show up next week on Virtual Console as a surprise It will be perfect on the Wii VC, probably will sell a lot.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

Top