Forums

Posts 1 to 26 of 320

Re: Where Does Nintendo Go From Here?

Dreamsleep

We won't get another Iwata, the man was unique in every way, from most CEO's. However, his death wasn't sudden, so I believe he had some influence into who would be his replacement. Personally, I would like to see Sakurai. People mention his health, but that was from pushing himself in development, which he would no longer be doing. I think he would enjoy the change, and would be one of the few to channel the spirit of Iwata, for decades to come.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsleep

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm starting to think this is GameStop exclusive and even delayed to 2016 for us North Americans. Things are getting bizarre now. Bayonetta 2 still got shown because its well known AND Bayonetta is just killing monsters. But since... Ivan is killing actual people in D3rd... Nintendo of America must be extremely hesitant to showcase it because it would "ruin" their child friendly appeal. Sad but that's my guess.

Well Nintendo did announce it at last year's E3 with a trailer. It wasn't in the Digital Event, but it did show up at the Treehouse.

This year just had nothing. Guess Itagaki just went as a guest.

He went, more than likely, for two reasons: Research what games are out there, and network with devs, and to talk up a publisher for his next game. Developers are always on to the next, even before the last one is out due to the nature of long dev cycles.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Dreamsleep

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I would not be surprised if Nintendo stops making a dedicated handheld because they are making smart phone games and splitting teams to make games on different consoles is alot of work.

That is never going to happen, the whole point of the NX software is to go the Apple route, and have tons of different versions of hardware. You aren't going to see less hardware, you are going to see more. Again, like Apple...different versions of the iPhone, different versions of the iPad, etc.,

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

Tops wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Super excited for this game. Even the awful Jpop has me excited.
The streets of Tokyo are super realistic, which is a fantastic nostalgia trip for me; I attended university down the street from the Shibuya crossing, so I was at Shibuya Station everyday.

Whoa @DiscoGentleman, may I just point out how awesome I think that is? If you don't mind me asking, what did you study there and what compelled you to study abroad? I'd like to visit there sometime but I can't imagine what it would be like to study in a foreign country. Very cool!

I would love to go to Japan, but feel so ridiculous for even thinking it if I can't speak Japanese.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

Blast wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

This will be one game, not a series. I don't see Nintendo paying for another, unfortunately. Maybe if it is a surprise hit, with 500k copies sold, but that would be a shocker.

Well... Look at all the Etrian Odyssey games constantly coming to 3DS. It's a great series but I highly doubt its selling crazy well. Atlus must be satisfied with sales though because they keep releasing them. Atlus also isn't like Square Enix (no offense). Atlus is very aware of their fanbase and localizes nearly all their games. This game's success will fall on marketing and advertising. It has to release at a time where the Wii U needs another game. It has to be nowhere near Zelda U. It has to do the same thing Splatoon did in Japan to become big. At least Nintendo isn't shunning this game like Fatal Frame and Devil's 3rd. Why werent they at the Digital Event?! This could be really huge in Japan IF Nintendo and Atlus plays their cards right. Luckily, its releasing this year in Japan and the only other big JRPG console game is Atlus' Persona 5. Oh... And this game cannot release anywhere near Fire Emblem Fates!

I have all the confidence in the world in Atlus, and love their games, but let's be honest...Nintendo is footing the bill. Atlus is spending tons of money on this game. Fully voiced, original soundtrack, with original songs sung by the voice actors themselves?! That, by itself is a huge cost. Mo-cap animation (utilizing their new mo-cap studio they bought to develop P4DAN), for all performances, and some battle animations, like the Dual Attacks. The game looks very nice, as well, and is probably benefitting from the work Atlus did for the creation of HD assets on Persona 5.

But, Atlus would never have made this game look like this, and sound like this without Nintendo paying for it. The cost is just too enormous for the number of people they can potentially sell this game to, on the WiiU.

Personally, I hope it sells a million copies, it certainly looks like it deserves it.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Dreamsleep

Some interesting discussions of NX on NeoGAF had me thinking about this. We often say NX is a home console, or handheld (whichever way you personally believe), but everything points to NX being the software. Remember, Iwata has said they want to emulate Apple, where the hardware doesn't matter, and is vast and varied. The software is the key, and runs on all platforms.

So, what if the WiiU is, in fact, the first NX capable machine. Imagine a massive OS overhaul next year to bring all of the past purchases, and saves, to the NX OS. Wii Shop, Virtual Console, and eShop, all combined into a massive catalog of games ready to go, Day One for NX. It would allow WiiU owners to utilize NX OS, and reward longtime Nintendo fans.

So, you would have different levels of NX capability, easily placed on a game, or console box in big numbers and letters, easily identifiable by consumers.

NX Level 1: WiiU
NX Level 2: The next-gen handheld
NX Level 3: The next-gen home console

On, and on....

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsleep

TwilightAngel wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Oh lord #Conspiracytheory and hashtag still #fappingtoFallout4

Yes, because it is quite logical to assume a game 2 months away from release, is a no show at a huge video game convention. A game that is being paid for by Nintendo, is not shown at E3, by Nintendo. A game shown last E3. A game from Itagaki, who is confirmed to be at E3, yet isn't showing his game. Yeah, all of this is quite logical. Nothing going on behind the scenes at all. Makes perfect sense to go completely silent on one Mature game, but not on Fatal Frame...hell, FE Illusory Revelations is probably another M rated game, and it was showed.

Buy, like you say...nothing weird AT ALL About this...

@Dreamsleep You know that was a joke right? That's why i put the hashtag. And for gods sake don't put words in my mouth alright? I didn't say anything remotely close to this "Buy, like you say...nothing weird AT ALL About this.." Never even wrote that i didn't even think about writing that and in my other comments. I say i'm shocked and confused why they didn't they show Devil's third. I put two hashtags in my comment and you gave me a paragraph of nonsense goodjob. #Stillfappingtofallout

It wasn't funny the first time...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Dreamsleep

If I get one, I want these games:

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced
Wasteland 2
Blood Bowl 2
Persona 5
Transformers: Devastation

When those games are all out, I will buy one.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsleep

TwilightAngel wrote:

Oh lord #Conspiracytheory and hashtag still #fappingtoFallout4

Yes, because it is quite logical to assume a game 2 months away from release, is a no show at a huge video game convention. A game that is being paid for by Nintendo, is not shown at E3, by Nintendo. A game shown last E3. A game from Itagaki, who is confirmed to be at E3, yet isn't showing his game. Yeah, all of this is quite logical. Nothing going on behind the scenes at all. Makes perfect sense to go completely silent on one Mature game, but not on Fatal Frame...hell, FE Illusory Revelations is probably another M rated game, and it was showed.

Buy, like you say...nothing weird AT ALL About this...

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsleep

DefHalan wrote:

TromboneGamer wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

Even if they do dedicate a Direct to it, I agree with others that it makes no sense to not talk about it at all at E3. Fatal Frame got a Treehouse look, and five seconds in we see a suicide, so they can't say it was too much for the audience. Something else is going on here, and I would say it's politics, or bad blood between Itagaki, and Iwata personally.

Nothing else makes sense.

Or maybe Itagaki just lied about going to E3!

Oh! #Exposed!

Actually as I noted in a previous post people saw him on the show floor. For whatever reason, though, he had nothing to show.

Maybe they didn't get what they were working on ready, so we will have to wait for a direct. Hopefully they will show off Fatal Frame in a direct soon too.

But, they showed a nice chunk of FF gameplay, on Treehouse live for 25 minutes, and 39 seconds. The video is on their Youtube channel. And, Devil's Third was shown last year on Treehouse live...so, as I said, it is something going on behind the scenes.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Dreamsleep

Even if they do dedicate a Direct to it, I agree with others that it makes no sense to not talk about it at all at E3. Fatal Frame got a Treehouse look, and five seconds in we see a suicide, so they can't say it was too much for the audience. Something else is going on here, and I would say it's politics, or bad blood between Itagaki, and Iwata personally.

Nothing else makes sense.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

I am 100% positive it gets darker, as in the stream normal people are drained of their Performa, and lose all color. The world, or Tokyo, will become shattered at some point. It is a normal progression, so yeah, it won't be all glitter and hearts for the entire game. I'm not entirely sure why people point this out, since you are fighting bad guys, clearly shown in gameplay.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

acegibbo wrote:

I have to say after the Treehouse's gameplay with this, I am really REALLY hyped up for this game! I have never played a SMT, and I've only played FE: Awakening, but it looks really cool. Love the whole music aspect as well!

Exactly, the music / creative ability of each character is the central aspect of the game! It is the key part of this game that seperates it from the SMT/FE series. And, as Atlus said on the Treehouse demo, it is a new series with homages to those games, not a SMT game with FE characters, or a FE game with SMT characters. I wish people would give them more credit for taking chances with this game, and not doing the safe thing.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Was this E3 the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U?

Dreamsleep

NX is 2016, end of story. What it replaces, is unclear. I believe it is the new handheld. All that being said, with X, and FE GIR, I don't need anything else. Sure, I want more...but, we probably won't get much more for the WiiU, even if NX replaces only the 3DS.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

shingi_70 wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Why does it matter how colorful it is? I mean I understand if you are distracted by it.

.

I was expecting dark fantasy similar to Beserk and a mix of Fire Emblem and The main line SMT series. I wasn't expecting Persona Moe Idol stuff.

Shame cause event loving Persona this game has a ounce of the style of the Persona series.

I think this game oozes style...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Sit Down, We Need to Talk- Nintendo's Software Strategy

Dreamsleep

The best thing Nintendo could do, would be to look to indie studios, and their games. Cuphead, No Man's Sky, and others have amazing style, with small teams. However, for some reason, all they come up with are games like Project Robot, like the old Rock Em, Sock Em robots. It isn't really comparable. It is kinda sad that they can't emulate these small indie teams, with the same results. They seem like the perfect company to do it, but haven't done it, so far.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

TwilightAngel wrote:

Why is the gameplay of this is so crispy? Damn i want it now! No matter how colorful it looks.

I think a lot of people wanted Blade Runner X Crow X Hellraiser, and instead we got Fifth Element X Rocky Horror Picture Show X Flash Gordon, if that makes sense. Lots of color, and style, which is a welcome change.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: SMT X FE: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem [Illusory Revelations #FE]

Dreamsleep

I didn't know if I would like this game, or even what it would be, after the two initial trailers, and even the E3 2015 trailer. However, after seeing the Treehouse gameplay, this game is Day Zero for me! The battle system is so awesome, and Persona inspired. The Duo attacks are so over the top ridiculous, it makes me smile. I really thought the J-pop elements would kill my interest, but it is so well implemented into the game, it just makes sense. I love the play on words with Performas, replacing Personas.

Cool things to note, are the sub cast, which I think Eleanora, the Archer, was one, increase party size beyond the normal four. The animation seems to be taking advantage of the P4DAN mocap studio Atlus created for that game, as well. Animation, and style, are off the charts! Enemy design is also amazing, which makes sense, it's Atlus.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Fire Emblem If (3DS)

Dreamsleep

I don't like how Nintendo wants to DLC up my favorite franchise...seriously...

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Re: Why is the Wii U's library so lauded?

Dreamsleep

iKhan wrote:

I keep hearing "The Wii U has an amazing game library" or something along those lines. I keep hearing all these words of praise for the system's library. But I can't help but think that that praise only comes relative to the PS4 and XB1 having arguably the some of the worst first year game libraries [both platform (e.g. just PS4) and generation exclusives (e.g. PS4, XB1, PC, NO PS360)] in video game history.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Hyrule Warriors or Mario 3D World, but even putting my distaste for those games aside, relative to older Nintendo systems, the Wii U is still behind the curve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_products_published_by_Ni...

So is the Wii U really like the Dreamcast? Low selling but beloved due to great games? Or is it simply the least worst option in terms of game selection among the 8th gen home consoles.

Two games...X, and FE. Console of the century.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Top