Forum Posts

Posts: CanisWolfred (24,741)

AuthorRe: Comment on the Avatar of the Person Above You
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

1. Posted:

Zippity-zip-zap-zap-boom!

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: You sure you want SNES games on 3DS VC?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

2. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

faint wrote:

Don wrote:

Do you really want to pay $8 again to own them on the handheld? Nintendo charged $5 for NES games on 3DS VC regardless of whether you already bought them on Wii or Wii U VC and they will do the same if they put SNES games on 3DS VC.

i think alot of the gamers asking for snes on the 3ds only have a 3ds. i could be wrong but if not.....this ruins your argument.

This this this! I don't have a Wii U! 3DS SNES VC is the only legal option I would have!

Or you could get a Suoer Nintendo (or even a clone machine capable of playing Super Nintendo games). Sure, it wouldn't be as affordable, but beggars can't be choosers...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Nintendo DS Hidden Gems
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

3. Posted:

Lost Magic
Tecmo Bowl
Alien Infestation
Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal
Children of Mana
Front Mission
Super Princess Peach

Magical Starsign
Metroid Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command Mission

Ones I'm semi-interested in checking out someday after reading this thread, with the lower list being re-buys...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: How many of your Wii VC games have you upgraded to Wii U?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

4. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Blaster Master has had a European release so I can't imagine it would be long for North America. Still waiting for Super Mario Advance here!

Not like it would be a fair trade. The lack of screen scrolling pretty much kills Super Mario Advance. Like, it created unplayable situations that weren't there before. Unless you mean all of the Super Mario Advance games and not just the first. The later two were better, though I did notice a slight lag in Super Mario Advance 2 and 3 that made those harder than they needed to be...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Most played Wii U game
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5. Posted:

Kami2Kami wrote:

I put you guys to shame: MH3U (300 hours), ME3 (200 hours), all other games around 150 hours and on the 3DS MH4U (250 hours).

Personally, I don't think we're the ones that need to be ashamed...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

6. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

iKhan wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Most rpgs are just generic stories slapped over an overly complex user profile system of gear, spells, attacks etc. that add no real value and are just there to give the illusion of depth, enjoyed by people who have more time than they know what to do with.

Maybe I just play good RPGs, but how is it an illusion of depth rather than actual depth? I feel like ability and skill systems fundamentally affect the gameplay, and crafting and weapons add to a system of balancing money management and item collection with improving your team's resilience.

Removes all the skill that might otherwise exist allowing unlimited grinding.

(RPG Elements spoil most other genres as well as there is no way to gauge what it is or isn't reasonable. You fail it gets easier. Instead of what it should be where the only thing improving is the player's skill).

Contrary to your doctrine, not every game has to be based on player's skills. Or rather, not every game has to use your reflexes. There are different skills involved in RPGs, especially the good ones, and they're not the twitch kind of skills you always seem to require for a game to actually exist in your mind.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: How many of your Wii VC games have you upgraded to Wii U?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

7. Posted:

Fun fact: There are still 49 games I'm interested in that are on the Wii VC that have yet to release on the Wii U VC. Granted, only 14 of them are priorities for me, but still, that's $111, not including tax that I'd be spending, only to pay more (roughly 20% of that) later to upgrade them. And many of them aren't likely to come to the Wii U VC at all...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should SEGA just leave gaming and go to the Arcades?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8. Posted:

@Artwark - that was the publishing arm the downsized, and it's the western branches that'll focus on PC and mobile, because as I pointed out earlier, they've been doing well on PC, and I guess mobile as well (I've seen a ton of people on the bus and at work with Sonic Dash, so I guess that's not so surprising to me).

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: How many of your Wii VC games have you upgraded to Wii U?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

9. Posted:

Most of the ones available I've upgraded, but a lot still need to come to the shop first. And what's the hold up on Blaster Master? It's on the 3DS VC, but not Wii U? I can't think of a game I'd want save states in more, man...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

10. Posted:

gcunit wrote:

Most rpgs are just generic stories slapped over an overly complex user profile system of gear, spells, attacks etc. that add no real value and are just there to give the illusion of depth, enjoyed by people who have more time than they know what to do with.

You're not really wrong. Just like like how the majority of everything is terrible, the majority of RPGs are indeed not good. But the good ones usually get the attention they deserve, even if it takes a few years, unlike a lot of other genres, like shooters, platformers, and fighting games.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should SEGA just leave gaming and go to the Arcades?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

11. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Artwark wrote:

1. It may not have been influential to you because games that happened before it didn't show up in the West and so that was when Phantasy Star 2 had been popular.

What? Find me even one game that was influenced by Phantasy Star II. Just one. Because I couldn't find any. Even the rest of the Phantasy Star franchise had a bigger impact, and a lot of what Phantasy Star IV did was remove much of what Phantasy Star II and III did and replace it with something better. It was more or less the Watch_Dogs of its day - an overhyped game that promised too much and underdelivered, added nothing to its respective genre (even the increased focus on story was something other games were doing), and would be largely forgotten if its creators would stop trying to remind us it happened.

Artwark wrote:

2.So now you're trying to say that their past is the worst instead of their future? I can understand that SEGA did stupid things back then but at the very least when it comes to it, some of their games from their bad decisions had been great like Grandia.

No. I didn't say any of that and you're legitimately starting to worry me. I can't even figure out how you came to that conclusion. Judging from my post, I'm guessing you somehow took "I've said plenty of bad things about Sega in the past" as "Sega was really bad in the past", but the rest of that paragraph should've told you that I felt those things I said were unfair and Sega has overall been a decent company, and it was the American branch that's made the majority of bad decisions. I was technically talking about "things I've said on this forum", so within the last 7 years, but I suppose it could also apply to a small degree to Sega in the past, since it's well documented that the American and Japanese branches didn't get along and the American branch made some really bad calls between 1994-1999, that ultimately had long-running consequences for SEGA as a whole.

Artwark wrote:

3.Sorry my bad there.

Good, at least the most important point got through.

Artwark wrote:

4.The argument is why SEGA should continue into the gaming industry? Why can't they just stick to the Arcades and be fine with that? Why can't they make an attempt to polish Sonic Team? The topic may have been a mislead and I'll admit that, but I can't agree with the same as to SEGA just being in the industry. I mean, we are so foolish to support a company by buying their products instead of ranting a petition or boycotting. I don't understand it. You can argue at EA and say a lot of bad things about them when it comes to profit but you can't say the same to SEGA?

As much as I dislike EA, the only thing to do is to stop buying their products. Don't buy their games brand new, and dson't buy their DLC. Same with SEGA. Hell, I haven't bought a new Sega retail game since Sonic Generations on the 360 back in late 2011, and everything else I've bought from them were VC and other cheap digital re-releases. (Nor have I bought an EA game brand new since my brother convinced me to pre-order Battlefield 3...) If you don't like a company, don't buy their games. CEOs only speak the language of money, so they'll figure things out if enough people vote with their wallet and sales start declining.

There's a lot more I can say, but I don't want to muddle the main points. At the very least, that's the important part. As far as I'm concerned, the rest wasn't worth responding to.

Phantasy Star 2 was one of the first games to have one of the main characters dead. This has also been noted in Final Fantasy 7.

Whether the American branch exists or not doesn't matter because the development process is actually in SEGA of Japan which is responsible for most of the bad games in general.

I'm just rather upset over the fact that some company who are just fine being in the arcades makes games that upset gamers and just somehow gamers like claim they are SEGA fans when majority of them aren't much into Sonic (hence why the fanbase is awful.)

Sure you have your ups and downs but the point of doing risks is to learn from them and do better and SEGA is someone that instead of doing that, tries to take lots of risks like Nintendo but only to fail miserably. Really, why can't they just stick to the arcades instead?

1) Final Fantasy V did that before VII, and that's not even going into the fact that it's hardly the only fiction where characters have died. Considering the anime influence of FF7, I'd say that was more likely affected by Gundam, where spoilers at least one love interest dies in almost every single iteration, rather than Phantasy Star II. I also kinda doubt it's the first one to kill off a main character. I can't find any evidence saying that, and while I can't say for sure which, I feel like I can think of others that might've been before it, but I'd have to do more research. It's difficult info to find, though. From what I can find, though, there's a sizable gap between notable games that did that. Final Fantasy 5 & 6, Vay, and Suikoden are the only ones I could find before FF7, not counting Chrono Trigger because that one isn't permanent. FF2 had temporary party members that died, though, and that came 4 full months before Phantasy Star II. But again, finding this info is like pulling teeth, since it really isn't that noteable a thing unless the players feel invested, which most games that old rarely accomplished.

2) After looking at a list of the games Sega has released in the past 3 years, I really have to ask...what bad games are you talking about? Because outside of Shining Ark and Shining Blade, and maybe some mobile shlock, I don't think an internal team of theirs has actually made a notably bad game in quite some time. Heck, even a lot of their published games aren't that bad outside of imageepoch's crap and the other obvious offenders. I may have to rescind my previous statement yet again, they've been getting much better lately as far as I can tell.

Oh, and before anyone says anything: Sonic Boom: The Rise of Lyric was made by Big Red Button - an independant studio not owned or affilliated with Sega. Granted, Sega published their game, but still, the last few games Sega actually made weren't nearly as bad. In fact, Sonic Boom pretty much proved that people were making a mountain out of a molehill concerning Sonic: Lost World...it really wasn't that bad, and yet people talked like Sonic Team needed to be sacked for making it. Well, I hope you jerks are happy now!

3) OH MY GOD SOME GAMERS ARE UPSET! Call the police! Call the fire department! Some callous jerks have made some gamers somewhere displeased!

Seriously, dude, if they were really doing a bad job, the issue would resolve itself - people would stop buying their games, and Sega would be no more. There's not really much to be upset over. If you really feel that their games aren't worth your time and attention, don't give them your time and attention. Either they'll go away, or maybe, just maybe, they'll start putting out games that are worth your time and attention.

4) See question 2. They're learning from their past. If you don't believe me, then do your research. Heck, do it anyways. You clearly need your horizons expanded, regardless.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should SEGA just leave gaming and go to the Arcades?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

12. Posted:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I thought arcades were games too

No, arcades are the places where arcade games can be played.

...and Sega makes Arcade games...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

13. Posted:

The problem with Amiibos is that they're toys that also unlock stuff in games. That pretty much limits their appeal to: Children with parents who have a lot of money (or at least more money than sense), gamers with more money than sense, or manchildren collectors with more money than sense.

Basically it only appeals to idiots. Do I really need to say more? There's no reason to buy a $15 piece of plastic whose only two fuctions are to sit on your shelf, or unlock a fancy hat in Smash Bros. or whatever. There are better chunks of molded plastic and better games to spend your $15 on. Instead of buying a Marth Amiibo to unlock Marth in Codename: STEAM, you could buy Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones on VC. Or you know what? You could buy Valkyria Chronicles on PC the next time it's even 25% off on any of the bajillion Steam sales that always happen. I'm looking at the Specs right now, and I doubt many of you would have a problem with it. Unless you have a Mac, in which case you already have more money than sense, so you'll probably just get an Amiibo anyways.

tl;dr - The problem with Amiibos is that they were never a good idea in the first place. Just like every other stupid toys to life thing. Just be happy Nintendo didn't have the gall to actually force that crap down our throats and actually force important aspects of the game behind a paywall. The day they lock the Special Worlds in New Super Mario Bros. Infinity+1 to a luma amiibo is the day the Amiibo problem explodes.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should games have cryptic puzzles even now?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

Nicolai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I miss when video games were about perseverance. People tell me it's because of this older demographic not having as much free time; but I've got school and work to juggle too! If I boot up the game and still haven't figured out where I'm stuck in my short play session, I just try again next time! Maybe it'll be different when I have kids?

Trust me, when your free time gets scrunched even further, and that "next time" could be next week, challenge becomes a lot less appealing.

If I ever get too busy to play challenging games, I'll stop playing games, or at least single-player games. Games without challenge are pointless.

I disagree - it's the games with that require too much of you that are pointless, since gaming itself requires largely non-transferable skills. However, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Comic Discussion Thread
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

15. Posted:

I swear I saw Giant Days somewhere and was like "this looks really cool". Think I'll check it out if I ever see it in a store.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Positive of the Day
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

16. Posted:

DBPirate wrote:

I just re-watched the first two Star Wars prequels and was typing the pros and cons as I was going through them. I discovered they were better than I remembered!

Wait until you get to the third one. I enjoyed the first and second ones (especially the second one. Watched that at least 7 times, and I rarely rewatch movies), but the third one had the most problems in the end, IMO...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

17. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

Over the shoulder and behind the back(like in the Batman:Arkham games) 3rd person perspective completely defeat the purpose of a game being in the 3rd person. That is, to enable a wider field of view for the player.

I agree to an extent. It worked in Batman because it was a mid-point between Third-person view (necessary for brawling and letting the player see Batman) and first-person view (sort of necessary for boomerang accuracy and "feeling like you're Batman"). It also helped that you were often in cramped situations (well, in Asylum) and there was a need for stealth a lot of the time, anyways. It also worked for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 for similar reasons, plus it added to the horror atmosphere those games were trying to establish.

However, it didn't really work with Gears, Uncharted, Mass Effect, and other games where you spend of the time shooting, anyways. It didn't exactly ruin them, but it didn't add to them either, and there were plenty of situations where I either wanted to see around me more (specifically to see who's shooting me), or would've preferred a first-person view for shooting. Granted, most of these games have cover systems, and when they first started doing that, developers felt it would be better to have the player see the character when they're in cover so they can tell the character isn't exposed. Which it does, but it also makes the game too easy. Suddenly it becomes a game of whack-a-mole as you sit in cover, train your recticle on the spot where the dude frequently pops up for potshots and wait for him to poke his head out again (except for one game, I think it was Mass Effect, required you to be exposed to aim. That was smart, but then you could blind-fire, which your enemies couldn't. And even then, the recticle was always at the center of the screen, so you could easily aim regardless). Repeat until your enemy throws a grenade (unless your cover was desctructible). There's not much variety to the formula, nor does it require much skill during singleplayer (multiplayer is another story since people will actually move around the environment).

This is especially puzzling since Killzone 2 proved you could have a cover system while staying in first person, which completely changed things up. Suddenly there was a risk vs. reward system for using cover - if you stay in cover, you can't see your enemy, so you have to expose yourself just like your enemy does in order to spot them and them shoot them. Granted, enemies in Killzone tend to move around and try to flank you even on normal mode, so more often then not, cover can be less effecient for firing over as much as using to hide your movements and find a good position to attack your enemy, since last I checked, they don't just magically see you where ever you go on normal mode, you actually have to be in their line of sight or firing your gun for them to spot you (though hard mode is a different story...).

In other words, there's not much need for the over-the-shoulder mechanic to be in every action game these days. It works well with creating a certain atmosphere, but a lot of games forgot that was what it was for. There are alternatives, and I would love it if more game developers recognized that...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Atari 2600 game Princess Rescue pulled from Atariage Store
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

18. Posted:

tomjscott wrote:

I fail to see your point.

Believe me, you're gonna be saying this a lot with him. :/

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should SEGA just leave gaming and go to the Arcades?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

19. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

1. It may not have been influential to you because games that happened before it didn't show up in the West and so that was when Phantasy Star 2 had been popular.

What? Find me even one game that was influenced by Phantasy Star II. Just one. Because I couldn't find any. Even the rest of the Phantasy Star franchise had a bigger impact, and a lot of what Phantasy Star IV did was remove much of what Phantasy Star II and III did and replace it with something better. It was more or less the Watch_Dogs of its day - an overhyped game that promised too much and underdelivered, added nothing to its respective genre (even the increased focus on story was something other games were doing), and would be largely forgotten if its creators would stop trying to remind us it happened.

Artwark wrote:

2.So now you're trying to say that their past is the worst instead of their future? I can understand that SEGA did stupid things back then but at the very least when it comes to it, some of their games from their bad decisions had been great like Grandia.

No. I didn't say any of that and you're legitimately starting to worry me. I can't even figure out how you came to that conclusion. Judging from my post, I'm guessing you somehow took "I've said plenty of bad things about Sega in the past" as "Sega was really bad in the past", but the rest of that paragraph should've told you that I felt those things I said were unfair and Sega has overall been a decent company, and it was the American branch that's made the majority of bad decisions. I was technically talking about "things I've said on this forum", so within the last 7 years, but I suppose it could also apply to a small degree to Sega in the past, since it's well documented that the American and Japanese branches didn't get along and the American branch made some really bad calls between 1994-1999, that ultimately had long-running consequences for SEGA as a whole.

Artwark wrote:

3.Sorry my bad there.

Good, at least the most important point got through.

Artwark wrote:

4.The argument is why SEGA should continue into the gaming industry? Why can't they just stick to the Arcades and be fine with that? Why can't they make an attempt to polish Sonic Team? The topic may have been a mislead and I'll admit that, but I can't agree with the same as to SEGA just being in the industry. I mean, we are so foolish to support a company by buying their products instead of ranting a petition or boycotting. I don't understand it. You can argue at EA and say a lot of bad things about them when it comes to profit but you can't say the same to SEGA?

As much as I dislike EA, the only thing to do is to stop buying their products. Don't buy their games brand new, and dson't buy their DLC. Same with SEGA. Hell, I haven't bought a new Sega retail game since Sonic Generations on the 360 back in late 2011, and everything else I've bought from them were VC and other cheap digital re-releases. (Nor have I bought an EA game brand new since my brother convinced me to pre-order Battlefield 3...) If you don't like a company, don't buy their games. CEOs only speak the language of money, so they'll figure things out if enough people vote with their wallet and sales start declining.

There's a lot more I can say, but I don't want to muddle the main points. At the very least, that's the important part. As far as I'm concerned, the rest wasn't worth responding to.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

20. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Faruko wrote:

Halo its a terrible game, its like "my first sony" of FPS games, it cant be anymore slooooooooow, darn gosh is it boring

Everything looks like its made from Tonka Trucks material

It's only slow if you're bad at it. :P

Get better with the BR.

To be fair, it's slower than modern Call of Duty-style games, in that it's possible to last 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds. :P

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should SEGA just leave gaming and go to the Arcades?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

21. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@CanisWolfred Also I don't get you. Earlier, you argued that Phantasy Star wasn't that big of a deal for SEGA to make and now you're like saying that SEGA has made some of your favorites?

I don't even know where to begin:

1) I said Phantasy Star II wasn't an influential game. What it did was largely done before it, done better, and completely ignored by those who design RPGs. I also said it wasn't a well-crafted game, and one of my least favorite RPGs.

2) I've said plenty of bad things about Sega in the past, particularly about their current situation. Some rather unfairly harsh things, in retrospect. I still hold that Sega of America is a terrible company outside of its PC division, but Sega as a whole is a decent gaming company. In fact, I respect them more than a lot of other long-running Japanese companies, though at this point that only indicates how far the rest have fallen.

3) i don't think I actually said they made some of my favorites, did I? I certainly didn't mean to. I was mearly trying to list well-recieved games. I haven't played a lot of them, and I didn't even enjoy a lot of what I have played among those. In fact, Valkyria Chonicles might've been the only one on that list that I enjoyed without the need for a lot of nostalgia...

4) THOSE TWO THINGS AREN'T RELATED!!! Seriously, do read what you write? Even if you were 100% correct about your accusations, they aren't even contradictions. What's there to even argue about? :|

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Unpopular Gaming Opinions
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

22. Posted:

Oh it gets heated in here sometimes, trust me on that. But you're right, it rarely goes too far, which is a testament to this community.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

23. Posted:

Dipper723 wrote:

Mamoru Hosoda, director of Summer Wars, and Wolf Children has a new movie coming out in Summer, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uifJLWoWv8c

Been looking forward to it, though the main beast's character design is disturbingly familiar. I'm not too familiar with Kemono, though, so maybe it's a coincidence...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should games have cryptic puzzles even now?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

24. Posted:

Nicolai wrote:

I miss when video games were about perseverance. People tell me it's because of this older demographic not having as much free time; but I've got school and work to juggle too! If I boot up the game and still haven't figured out where I'm stuck in my short play session, I just try again next time! Maybe it'll be different when I have kids?

Trust me, when your free time gets scrunched even further, and that "next time" could be next week, challenge becomes a lot less appealing.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorRe: Should games have cryptic puzzles even now?
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

25. Posted:

Well, I'll say one thing: this got me to look up the definition of "cryptic", and at least in reference to a puzzle, it doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing. It can mean "ambiguous or unclear" or "one where the answers are not readily apparent", and you want a puzzle to require some amount of figuring. However, it can also be used to describe something where the answers aren't all there - "unclear in it's brevity", as Merriam-Webster put it. A "cryptic messege" would usually be one that's short and unclear: "light the fires that glow within", for example. You need more information for that to make sense. I know I always heard the term used to describe something where "obscure" (which specifically means something where it would be "difficult or impossible to know completely and with certainty") might also be a fitting synonym, which it still is, but cryptic is more flexible and can also be used to describe situations where the pieces are all there, you just have to put them together, so to speak.

So my question is: Do you mean "puzzles that require a lot of thinking to figure out", or do you mean "something that is next to impossible to figure out"? I'm actually leaning towards the former with the examples you've given, to be quite honest.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!