A brand new video game based on the hit Netflix series, Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia, has been revealed for Nintendo Switch and other platforms. Trollhunters Defenders of Arcadia will release later this year.
The new game is being developed by Wayforward (Shantae, River City Girls), and is set to feature an all-star voice cast that includes original talent from the show - Emile Hirsch, Charlie Saxton, Lexi Medrano and David Bradley. Jim Molinets, SVP of Production at Universal Games and Digital Platforms, has shared the following in a press release:
"DreamWorks Trollhunters Defender of Arcadia will take players on an intriguing and authentic new adventure that showcases the series' key pillars of friendship, loyalty and fantasy. Expanding on the bold and creative story that has delighted fans for years, the game brings to life the vivid world of Arcadia Oaks in fun and surprising ways."
Here's a list of key features for you:
● All-Star Voice Talent - Featuring all-new content recorded for the game from the stars of the Netflix series including:
○ Emile Hirsch as Jim Lake Jr.
○ David Bradley as Merlin
○ Charlie Saxton as Toby
○ Lexi Medrano as Claire
● An original story - Jump into the world of Trollhunters as Jim Lake Jr. and prepare to stop the Time-pocalypse
● Encounter familiar faces - Journey through unique worlds as favorite characters from the hit series
● Become the hero of Arcadia - Level up armor and abilities to become more powerful than ever, and get a helping hand from beloved characters in local co-op mode
The game is scheduled to launch on all current platforms on 25th September. The final instalment of the Tales of Arcadia trilogy, Wizards, is also set to air later this year on Netflix.