Kalypso Media and Independent Arts Software have revealed that railroad simulator Railway Empire is setting course for Nintendo Switch on 14th February 2020.
This new Switch edition of the game will be arriving both physically and digitally and includes the full main game, as well as a number of DLC packs. The Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC will be included as standard, while the Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available to buy separately from the Switch eShop.
The game has you creating your very own rail network by purchasing more than 40 different trains and building railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories, and tourist attractions. You'll also need to hire and manage your own workforce to ensure an efficient train service. Here's a feature list to tell you a little more:
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way, step by step, from coast to coast
- Lead your empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimising transportation of passengers and goods across North America
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure
- Acquire 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons over the course of the game
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximise the potential of your rail network
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts by way of bandits and spies.
Are you a fan of simulation games? Does this sound like it could be just the ticket? Tell us below.