Update: It has been revealed that AVICII Invector will launch on Nintendo Switch on 10th December. We've shared the brand new release date trailer for you above.
The game has been described as "a fast-paced rhythm experience which fuses Avicii’s trademark brand of uplifting EDM music coupled with serene visualscapes". It'll be appearing on Switch, Xbox One and PC for the first time, with a re-launch planned for PS4 (where it had orirginally released under the name Avicii Vector).
Avicii, aka Tim Bergling, saw the original game's release on PS4 before his tragic passing in 2018; this new release has been created by Wired Productions and Hello There Games in collaboration with Bergling's family. It has been revealed that portions of the game royalties will go directly to The Tim Bergling Foundation, which advocates for the recognition of suicide as a global health emergency and promotes removing the stigma attached to the discussion of mental health issues.
- Experience Avicii’s Music: 25 hit songs from the EDM superstar
- Be the DJ: Custom, on-the-note, level-designed tracks to play
- New Look and Experience: New visual look and additional content
- Additional Platforms: First time on Xbox One, Switch, and PC, plus new content on PS4
- Play it Your Way: Three difficulties on every level.
- Explore New Worlds: Six different in-game worlds including a brand-new world
- Play with Friends: Solo play or with friends in split screen action.
- Immersive Story: Emerges through cutscenes with voice acting
More details are set to be shared ahead of release, but we do know that the game will be released both digitally and physically across all platforms.
Are you a fan of Avicii's music? Will you be grabbing this one when it launches on Switch? Tell us below.