A new co-op platformer with a pretty killer twist is on the way to Nintendo Switch.
Yes, Rez Plz has been revealed for Nintendo's system today, a pixel art puzzle-platformer where you and a friend control two apprentice wizard brothers. These wizards have the power to resurrect their friends, which is lucky considering that the platforming levels you'll face will have you coming up against dangerous monsters and traps that require you to kill off one of the wizard brothers to advance.
This resurrection skill covers you for a variety of one-hit deaths, including being sliced in half, being eaten by creatures, being burned alive, and more. As you progress, you'll unlock new spells that grant even more abilities, so killing each other off really is in your best interests.
Here's a list of key features:
Key Features Include:
- Co-op Play – Band together with your “brother” to take on REZ PLZ’s challenges, and remember that teamwork is key.
- Dastardly Puzzle-Solving – Use magical abilities to solve difficult puzzles, but sometimes death is the only solution.
- Death Around Every Corner – Death is everywhere in REZ PLZ, and can come from being eaten by monsters, sliced in half by guards, smashed by boulders and more.
- Five Unique Biomes in a Pixel Art World – Conquer beautifully rendered pixel art biomes, each with its own unique challenges and monsters.
- Unlockables – Explore and find a bevy of unlockable cosmetic items and unlockable gauntlet levels to customize your gameplay.
- Bonus Modes – Challenge yourself further with bonus modes such as PVP foot race
No release date has been set for this one just yet, although the Steam version is currently working towards a tentative Q1 2020 time frame.
Liking the concept? Will you be keeping an eye out for this one? Tell us below.