Gather 'round, Smash fans. It's time to learn all about The Hero's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Yes, as promised, a video presentation showcasing the new character has now been shared by Nintendo. Hosted by series director, Masahiro Sakurai, the video gives us an in-depth look at the fighter and even reveals when you'll be able to get your hands on the new content yourself.
Here are some of the key reveals from the video above:
- Hero and version 4.0 update available today!
- Each of the four heros - named Eleven, Arusu, Solo and Eight in Japanese - has an alternate colour based on other characters from the series.
- Whoosh, Swoosh and Kaswoosh spells for the DQ11 hero! Also, Oomph and Kaboom. No word yet on Kerpow.
- Hero has the highest number of special moves of all fighters in the entire game.
- Sakurai looks at a new stage: Yggdrasil's Altar from Dragon Quest XI S.
- Slimes (and rare liquid metal Slimes) appear in the background.
- Treasure chests can appear on the stage, although be careful - it might be a Mimic!
- Field and Battle tunes for each Hero.
- New Mii Fighter Costumes Round 2! Veronica (Swordfighter), Erdrick (Swordfighter), Martial Artist (Brawler) and Slime (Hat). $0.75 each.