When Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night arrived on the Switch a week after initial release, Nintendo players quickly established something wasn't right.
Digital Foundry took a closer inspection of this version and found the performance and visuals had taken a tremendous hit and our own review here on Nintendo Life said these same issues detracted from what was a fantastic game on other platforms.
So, how are the developers planning to resolve these issues plaguing the Switch release? Now that Koji Igarashi and his team have released the "Iga's Back Pack" they are focused on releasing the July update.
505 Games Global Brand Manager Roberto Piraino has posted the following development update on the game's Kickstarter page:
Hello everyone, I’m happy to report that this week we submitted a patch for Switch, once it’s approved we’ll update the game asap. The following changes are already locked in, and we’re working to confirm even more changes/improvements etc. for this patch, hopefully by next week.
Below is exactly what you can expect - and fans aren't happy. The patch will nerf and rebalance a lot of items in the game.
The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We’re not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we’ll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
- Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
- Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
- Increased strength based on level
- Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Riga Storaema
- Flame Cannon
- Straight Arrow
- Chase Arrow
- Heretical Grinder
- Circle Ripper
- Shooting Dagger
- Riga Dohin
- Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Flying Edge
- Rhava Bural
- Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
- Dullahammer Head
- Increased the drop rate of "Monster Fur" from Simians
- Text corrections
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
The same post also mentioned how the development team was still prioritizing "important fixes and improvements" and went on to thank owners of the game for their patience.
Thank you everyone for your patience while we continue to make improvements on Switch and the other platforms as well, we will be following up with more updates soon.
How are you finding Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on the Switch? Tell us below.