Indie developer Unfinished Pixel is bringing Super Tennis Blast to Nintendo Switch later this month, it has confirmed.
Geared around local multiplayer, Super Tennis Blast is a lighthearted arcade experience designed to be accessible for players of all skill levels. Unlike your AAA sports games, this one is going for that old-school arcade feel, ditching the realistic simulation for "plain fun". Having said that, you'll still be able to play through a professional career on courts inspired by the likes of Wimbledon, the Australian Open, US Open, and Roland Garros.
On the surface, it instantly reminds us of the similarly-titled Super Volley Blast from the same developer; it would appear that Unfinished Pixel is aiming to perfect its arcade sports title craft on Switch. Here's a list of features to give you some more info:
- Test your skills in singles or doubles playing with company in local multiplayer or facing the challenging AI
- Smashes, volleys, dropshots, backspins, top spins, lobs… all tennis moves are here and heavily affect your playing tactics
- World Tour mode where you climb in the STB ranking. Win tournaments, train to improve your starts and become a legend winning all four Grand Blasts
- The avatar editor is back with a lot more of possibilities that will allow to create avatars of yourself, friends, family, your favorite players or famous celebrities.
- Super Blast modes are bringing back the fun stuff: living net and crazy court will boost your parties in multiplayer matches.
The game launches on 24th May and will be available directly from the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Where's our list of tennis-related sign off puns got to? *Insert something about rackets, balls, and leaving a comment below right here*.