Despite the fact that the game won't even be released by this point, the event will be taking place on 8th June - just days before E3 kicks off. It'll see four members of the Super Mario Maker community competing in a variety of crazy Mario courses designed within the new game by Nintendo's Treehouse Team. If you're excited about the game's release and are hoping to see more, this event could well serve as your next fix.
The invitation will open up the festivities at The Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles on that day, starting at 11am PT, and will be followed by the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 3v3 2019. You'll be able to sit back and watch all of the action from the comfort of your own home, or if you live close enough, you could even try to gain free entry by queueing up on the day.
If you missed any of the big stories from yesterday's Direct, we've gathered everything you need to know below:
- Nintendo Launches Game Vouchers Discount Programme For Switch Online Users
- Build And Play Together In Super Mario Maker 2's Multiplayer Modes
- Get Inspired By The New Story Mode In Super Mario Maker 2
- The Moon Allows You To Create Night Themed Levels In Super Mario Maker 2
- It's Official, The New Game Style In Super Mario Maker 2 Is Based On 3D World
- Will Nintendo Add More Game Styles To Super Mario Maker 2?
- Here's How Much Space Super Mario Maker 2 Will Take Up On Your Switch
Now then, can that 28th June release date hurry up and get here please?