Combining action-RPG traits with roguelite gameplay, and inspired by the works of the famous writer, Lovecraft's Untold Stories is launching on Nintendo Switch next week.
Based on H.P. Lovecraft’s stories, the game has you experiencing cosmic horror first-hand. Said to contain "all sorts of myth monsters and all kinds of challenges that will test your sanity", it'll take you through randomly generated levels that vary depending on the character you're playing with.
The game has received "very positive" user reviews on Steam since it launched on the platform earlier this year. We've got a list of main features for you to check out below if you're interested in learning more.
- Fight hundreds of different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action roguelite.
- Explore Lovecraft’s stories: every character has a storyline that crosses randomly generated levels set in different locations from Lovecraft’s stories, such as the hospital, the jungle, or the port city just to name a few.
- Face the Great Old Ones: Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, and Azathoth await you in special levels.
- Investigate thoroughly: explore every corner to find secret levels and knowledge about the Great Old Ones
- Learn about the Mythos to fight them: to have a chance at fighting the Great Old Ones you need to acquire knowledge about them, or their mere presence will drive you insane.
- Madness awaits: in the course of your adventures you will have to make some decisions, and taking the wrong ones will shake your sanity. If it gets too low, you will start losing your mind – and if you go mad you will take your own life to escape the horror.
- Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul.
- Different playstyles: every investigator has a different combat style and skills, but levels also vary depending on who you’re playing them with – so the gameplay experience is totally different.
- Collect and improve weapons, items, and artifacts. Each character has a set of weapons and items, and there are hundreds of other items you can find and use!
- Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories.
It'll be available from the Nintendo Switch eShop on 10th May, just one week from today.
Does this look like it could be your kind of thing? Have you already tried it out on Steam? Tell us below.