Launching today on Nintendo Switch is Blazing Beaks, a twin-stick shooter from QubicGames. As you can see from the launch trailer above, this one looks pretty quackers (sorry).
Featuring both a story mode and a multiplayer tournament mode, Blazing Beaks has players blasting their way through randomly generated levels whacking pretty much everything in their path. The story mode can be played alone or in co-op, with levels "bursting with secrets" and mysteries to uncover. This lengthy feature list should give you a better sense of just what's going on:
BLAZING BEAKS – MAIN FEATURES:
• Enjoy a thrilling plot, either alone or with a buddy, in Story mode. Become part of an explosive adventure set in charming and surprising levels. Shoot, blast, zap, and disintegrate your way through creepy creatures, solo or in co-op!
• Compete with up to four of your friends in Tournament mode and find out who’s The King on a battlefield fueled with mad rules for lively get-togethers;
• Discover cool weapons and abilities, but beware of the powerful artifacts – you will be tempted to grab them, but they will make you suffer;
• Choose from eight completely different playable bird characters. Each has its own unique abilities, so pick one that matches your playthrough style best;
• Dig into details by reading all about the particularities and statistics of the characters, items, enemies, and abilities you discovered;
• Play. Die. Repeat! Randomly generated levels and loot drops make every playthrough different. A special “Seeded” mode also allows you to restart an adventure with identical settings if you so wish.
The game is available as we speak for $14.99 / £13.49, although owners of previous QubicGames titles (almost all of them qualify) will net you 50% if you pick it up before 2nd June.
What do you think? Will you be downloading this one today? Let us know in the usual place.