Witch Thief, an "intense but humorous story-driven 3D shooter", is blasting its way onto Switch next week, it has been confirmed.
Featuring plenty of 3D bullet hell action, the game sees players heading on a quest to steal an enchanted grimoire, playing as a snarky sorceress exploring five perilous zones. You'll come up against arena-based ambushes featuring possessed dolls and arcane bosses, and you'll be able to unlock three more playable and equally feisty witch heroines with different powers and their own personal stories.
A press release for the game mentions a relaxed 'Chill Mode', with flexible difficulty settings being available so that players of all skill levels can enjoy the game at their own pace. You can see a full list of features below.
- Flexible difficulty – from standard limited-life modes with ramped challenges to an innovative “Chill Mode”, where losing a life merely resets to weapon defaults.
- Unique bullet-hell perspective – play in classic 2D Shmup perspective or over the shoulder 3D. Adjust the player camera’s vertical angle on the fly to best deal with the patterns of attack, and use focus control to concentrate both projectile spread and visual perspective.
- Unravel a world of mystery – learn different perspectives on the same story as four different playable witches, each with their own unique abilities.
- Explore five distinctive zones – from spooky forest glades to magnificent cathedral vaults, each with multiple boss battles and ambush arenas.
- Battle a cast of memorable and relentless bosses in epic showdowns - from the castle’s guardian angel to the chuckling bishop!
- Endless Dungeon Mode – explore and overcome the endless dungeon where the walls move and every play-through is different.
Witch Thief launches on Nintendo Switch on 19th April with pricing still to be confirmed.
Do you like the look of this 3D shmup gameplay? Will you be giving it a go next week? Tell us below.