Publisher Accolade has revealed that Bubsy: Paws On Fire! will be coming to Nintendo Switch on 16th May. If you're a super Bubsy fan, you can even pick up a physical copy.
Arguably more famous for being disliked than for his actual games these days, Bubsy is well and truly back in what Accolade is calling "his greatest adventure yet". The publisher has also described this new release as "a game for Bubsy lovers and haters alike", so no matter where you stand on that very particular matter, you might want to check out this feature list to learn more:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique game mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 140 levels and variations set across three different worlds!
- Three different boss battles!
-A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
-A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
-A variety of unique collectible types, ensuring maximum re-playability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
The physical release will arrive as both a $29.99 standard release and a $39.99 limited edition (both of which are available to order from Amazon via the links provided). The limited edition includes the game, a soundtrack sampler and a 'Mini Collectors' Booklet'.
Are you a Bubsy fan? Will you be giving this one a go? That voice...