The Switch is set to receive another retro-inspired 2D platformer this week in the form of Metagal, courtesy of publisher, Ratalaika Games.
In this one, players take on the role of Meta, a cyborg girl, who is on a quest to rescue her creator from the hands of General Creeper, the evil leader of a rogue army. Things get even worse, however, as Meta's sisters have also been kidnapped and they've all been turned into battle cyborgs. We've all been there.
This leaves Mata with no other option; she must face her sisters, free them, and copy their abilities to save those she loves. There are eight stages of intense action to play through, followed by a final confrontation against General Creeper himself.
- Classic jump and shoot style platformer.
- 16-bit graphics.
- 8 levels that each have their own unique environment, detailed designs and different gimmick.
- 30 Enemies types, which doesn’t include the various Bosses.
- Powerful new weapons that can be obtained by defeating each Gal Boss.
- Lots of secret collectible items that can be used to power up your character.
- Soft death penalty with "Gear" system allows player to resolve their mistakes with less frustration.
- Unlockable new characters to play with, each come with their own powers and upgrades.
You'll be able to pick this one up on Switch this Friday for $4.99 / €4.99.
As ever, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this one in the comments below.