Looking for a new puzzle game to check out on your Switch? Gems of War is available right now, and it's free.
Described as a "puzzle RPG hybrid game", Gems of War fuses those elements with strategy gameplay to offer a battle system where players have to match gems on a puzzle board. Matching the gems will power up spells which can turn the tide of battle, and you'll be building up a team of heroes and conquering mighty kingdoms along the way.
The game is set to bring new troops and events for players to enjoy with each passing week, with even more content planned for future updates. Clive Robert, Head of Publishing for Free-to-Play at 505 Games, has shared the following in a press release:
“We’re thrilled to introduce our first free-to-play title on the Nintendo Switch. Gems of War is perfect for the platform, providing gamers the flexibility to play their way and offers multidimensional gameplay with already hundreds of hours of incredible content to enjoy, with much more to come in future updates. With this first step, we open the opportunity to bring many more free-to-play experiences from our portfolio to the Nintendo Switch, and we can’t wait to share more of what’s to come.”
Here are a few of the game's features:
- Play it Your Way: Seamlessly transition between docked play with Joy-Con™ controllers or handheld mode utilizing the Nintendo Switch touch screen for gamers on-the-go
- Build Your Team of Heroes: Enjoy a wealth of free content, with 600+ troops to collect, 600+ Quests and storylines to discover and 250+ Weapons and spells to add to your collection
- Take on Endless Challenges: Choose from a wide variety of immersive game modes including PvP, minigames, Guild Wars, Live Events and multiple Quests per Kingdom
- Play With Friends: Team up with others in guilds and join forces in Guild Wars
- Conquer New Realms: Explore the Krystara and Underworld maps with over 30+ Kingdoms and Factions
As noted above, Gems of War is available on Switch right now for free. If you fancy checking it out, just pop on over to the eShop to download it.
Will you be giving this one a go? Let us know in the comments.