Publisher indienova has revealed that its upcoming shoot 'em up AngerForce: Reloaded is ready to go on Nintendo Switch. You'll be able to get your hands on it this April.
We first heard about this one back in October, when it was expected to launch within the following couple of months. Of course, we're now well and truly into 2019 so that never happened, but the delay was apparently due to the development team wanting to add a TATE mode. We think we can live with the delay, considering.
The game is set in a 19th-century world where humans are under threat from a robot rebellion. Players can improve their on-screen characters by choosing from randomly generated abilities, and your choices will impact your entire stage progression. You'll be able to choose from dozens of different upgrades, hoping to compliment your character's special abilities and forming your very own favoured playstyle.
Here are some more features for you if you'd like to know more:
- A straight-up hardcore STG that takes you back to the fast-paced 90's.
- Original robot-tech and unique comic art style that employs Free-form Deformation technique to achieve detailed and 3D-like effects in 2D animation.
- 7 elaborate stages and 10+ crazed bosses to defeat.
- 4 original characters, each of them having two special abilities and one powerful bomb.
- Create your own unique play style by mixing and matching your character's abilities.
- A roguelike randomized ability system in the arcade mode.
- Explore the story behind each character and the secrets surrounding the enemy legion.
- More than 20 original tracks.
- Nintendo Switch exclusive TATE mode.
The game launches on 2nd April in North America and will be priced at $9.99; a European release is expected just days after. Those who wish to pre-order the game nearer the time will also benefit from a 15% discount.
Does this look like a winner to you? Are you happy that a TATE mode has been added? Tell us below.