Launching today on Nintendo Switch, incredibly fittingly for Valentine's Day, is Degrees of Separation.
With one of the game's protagonists wielding the forces of heat and the other manipulating cold, players must work together with a partner or friend to overcome puzzling obstacles while exploring a gorgeous fantasy world. If you'll be playing solo tonight, then not to worry, as one player can also control both protagonists in tandem.
Publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop have released this launch trailer (up above) to show you exactly what you can expect from the game. The press release says that "each of Degrees of Separation’s worlds explores a different stage of a budding relationship - ranging from trust to anger - incorporating varying emotions and gameplay mechanics that change how players must approach each area they traverse".
We have a list of game features for you below:
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and local cooperative multiplayer. Shortly after launch, long distance relationships will be enabled via an online multiplayer update.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
You can pick it up today for £15.99 / €19.99, directly from the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Will you be snuggling up with your special someone to play through this one tonight? Do you think it has the potential to be a winner on Switch? Let us know in the comments.