Newly updated sales figures for Nintendo Switch software has revealed that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has already shifted a whopping 12.08 million copies worldwide, making it the third best-selling game on the platform despite releasing just last month.
The figure is even more impressive when you realise that the chart below only tracks sales up until 31st December 2018 - at that point, Smash had only been on the market for just over three weeks. A similar list was shared just three months ago, but there have been some interesting changes since then; one such change sees Mario Kart 8 Deluxe speed past Super Mario Odyssey to become the best-selling Switch game at present.
Here are the top ten best-selling Switch games as of 31st December 2018:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey - 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 12.08 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 11.68 million
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! - 10.00 million
- Splatoon 2 - 8.27 million
- Super Mario Party - 5.30 million
- 1-2-Switch - 2.86 million
- Mario Tennis Aces - 2.53 million
- Kirby Star Allies - 2.42 million
The numbers noted above include both retail and digital worldwide sales, as well as any copies bundled with hardware.
Did you expect Smash to already sit so highly on this list? Any surprises elsewhere? Let us know your thoughts on this in the comments.