Among the collection of games launching today on Nintendo Switch is My Memory of Us, a 'heart-melting" story inspired by true events from World War II.
The game follows the friendship between a girl and a boy as they experience life in The City - a place inspired by pre-Second World War Warsaw. Conflict breaks out, forcing the children into separation, and they must find a way of staying together and surviving the threat of the robot soldiers lead by The Evil King.
The trailer above depicts a beautiful, handcrafted 2D world, with gameplay consisting of adventure, puzzles, and stealth sections. If you recognise the voice of the narrator, that would be because it is none other than Sir Patrick Stewart (of Star Trek: The Next Generation and X-Men fame, among many others).
Here's a quick feature list taken from the game's Steam page:
- Side-scrolling adventure full of action, stealth and various logical puzzles
-A moving story about friendship and love in dangerous times
- Beautiful 2D graphics inspired by naïve art
- Pair mechanics: control one of two characters with different abilities, or control them as a pair
- A grotesque tale mixed with bittersweet humour
- The events shown in the game are based on actual stories from World War II
What do you think? Do you like the look of this one? Let us know if you'll be downloading a copy today in the comments below.