From indie developer Kool2Play, IHUGU is set to launch on Nintendo Switch next week. There's none of your typical fighting, battling, or zombie survival antics to be seen here, though, as this game is all about hugging.
The rules are refreshingly simple, tasking players with hugging everyone they meet, but only once. Essentially, IHUGU is a memory game where you'll need to use quick thinking to remember who you've already hugged, and who you need to avoid. Naturally, the game is aimed at players who want an easy-going puzzle experience, although some challenge is said to be provided in mastering your score.
The game actually appeared on Steam back in 2017 (hence the PC cursor in the trailer above), but the Switch version comes with its own exclusive feature. This little feature is a local multiplayer option which sees players challenging each other to a memory competition, rather than chasing individual high scores. The first player to hug a character who has already been hugged loses.
- A unique game about hugging that challenges both memory and reflexes alike
- Hundreds of different characters
- Character editor (mix different heads with the rest of the body, with over twenty thousand freaky mixes to reveal)
- Ten unique, colourful, and hilarious environments
- Several minigames and lots of interesting extras
- Competitive multiplayer mode – exclusively on Nintendo Switch
- Funny ’80s TV mode – experience the game as if playing on an ancient TV
IHUGU will be available directly from the Nintendo Switch eShop from 21st January for $3.99.
Will you be getting your hug on next week? Make sure to spread the love in the comments section below.