The news comes from a new press release in which Idea Factory has also shared some new screenshots and information surrounding the game's battles. Players will need to be aware of several different actions during battle - Action Window, Attack, Wait, and Command - as each move set chosen will ultimately affect the overall turn order. The Command option has a further five options within it, all of which are described below:
- Skills/Magic - Use your SP to use special attacks, heal HP, or other command buffs to help Fang and the gang through tough battles. Note that some skills require HP to use.
- Items - Utilize items wisely to heal HP/SP, remove status effects, and revive party members that are knocked out.
- Special - Each character possesses their own Special command with unique effects. "Fang's Serious Face" Special, increases his attack power by 1.5x, while "Pippin's Persuade," if successful, will make Pippin attempt to "negotiate" with the enemy and drive them away.
- Switch - This allows players to swap in reserve party members (Have up to 6 party members on the field!)
- Fairize - Once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level, characters can Fairize, which transforms your characters into powerful beings! During their Fairize state, a character's attack and defense becomes much stronger. Players, however, must take caution of the Tension Gauge as characters will be forced out of the Fairize state once the gauge gets too low.
Here are the new screenshots we promised earlier:
The game will be available directly from the Nintendo Switch eShop on 17th January for $39.99. It comes with all 25 DLC previously released with the PS4 version of the game, and a 20% launch discount will be available for its first two weeks on sale.
What do you think? Will you be picking this one up next week? Let us know in the comments.