Indie developer 10tons has today announced a brand new open-world action RPG for Nintendo Switch called Dysmantle, and we've got its debut trailer for you up above.
With your regular RPG aspects such as fighting, levelling up, and crafting better gear, as well as an emphasis on being able to completely destroy more than 99% of all objects within the game to gather materials, Dysmantle sounds like a pretty intriguing project. The game is set on a dystopian island where time seems to have stopped somewhere between the '70s and '90s after a grim calamity.
The story starts as the protagonist ascends from his underground shelter, finding himself all alone and left behind on the island. He needs to unravel its mysteries and find the means to escape, which is no doubt where you, the player, will come in. We've got a pretty lengthy feature list for you to check out below which should tell you everything you need to know:
- Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. Nothing will stop you.
-Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
- Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
- Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
- Build outposts to establish your presence.
- Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
- Hunt dangerous game or tame them for your post-apocalyptic ranch.
- Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
- Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
- Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
- Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
- Live. Enjoy the bittersweet post-apocalypse.
The developer has actually described the game as a mash-up of the best bits from a nice selection of fan-favourite games. Lead developer, Tero Alatalo, has said the following in a press release:
"We're mixing together what we think are the tastiest parts of the latest Zelda, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, Steamworld Dig, and Dark Souls, and brewing it into a uniquely satisfying experience you've never played before"
No specific release date has been set for this one just yet, but we do know that it is now in development for "all platforms" and will be aiming for a 2019 release.
What do you think? Do you like the look of this one? Let us know if you'll be keeping an eye on it in the comments below.