Modus Games and developer Moondrop have shared a new trailer giving us a first look at the gameplay we can expect to find in Degrees of Separation, a co-op platformer making its way to Nintendo Switch next year.
The game sees players take control of two equally powerful characters as they manipulate heat and cold in tandem, traversing a truly beautiful-looking environment rife with puzzles, while also exploring themes of closeness and separation.
Degrees of Separation has actually been developed with both solo and co-op play in mind but, as mentioned in the video above, it would appear that co-operative play is the ideal setup here. Ember and Rime’s contrasting abilities require players to consider the actions of their partner just as much as their own; together, the two characters can create powerful gusts of wind, frozen rivers, or their very own platforms to progress.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
We weren't kidding when we said it looked beautiful; check out these screenshots.
The game is set to launch on Nintendo Switch and other platforms on 14th February 2019 with a recommended price of £15.99.
What do you think of this one? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.