If you happen to enjoy toasties, baguettes, crumpets, bagels, bread crumbs and laser beams, Toast Time: Smash Up! by indie developer Force of Habit might just be the game for you. This pixelated multiplayer brawler based on the "cult smash hit" Toast Time will be released exclusively on the Switch eShop on 16th November and is priced at €8.99 / £7.99 / $9.99. There's also a 10 percent launch discount and you can pre-order it now if you live in Europe.
Here's the premise of this game according to the PR:
Toast Time: Smash Up! pits players (toasters) against each other with a variety of bread and breakfast-based projectiles: Bagels, Baguettes, Croutons, Crumpets, Doughballs, Toasties, etc., more than you can shake a breadstick at. Using only the recoil/propulsion from fring to navigate, players must outwit their opponents by positioning themselves within line-of-sight striking distance, all the while utilising their favourite breads to attack in full advantage and take each other out. It's mutually assured destruction.
And these are the features:
- 54 action-packed single player missions - each served warm with it's own choreographed soundtrack.
- 16 exciting bread-based weapon upgrades - from crumpets to baguettes you'll never go hungry.
- 2 - 4 Multiplayer SMASH UP Mode - garnished with all-configurable gameplay mix-ups.
- Loads of colourful pixel art hats and customisations - glazed to perfection, from pirate to pharaoh.
- Addictive and original gameplay - topped with intrigue and zealous delight.
- Iron man survival mode and bonus coffee time mode - the icing on the figurative cake.
Take a look at the game's brief announcement trailer above and tell us if this multiplayer brawler interests you.