Roarr! Jurassic Edition - released as 'Roarr! The Adventures of Rampage Rex' on Steam - arrives on Nintendo Switch today. Publisher Klabater and developer Born Lucky Games tell us that the game "will make Jurassic Park look like some fairytale for kids" thanks to its "deadly battles and vicious enemies".
The game is described as a fast and furious, old-fashioned approach to the brawler genre, with its gameplay aiming to act as a modern tribute to classic Nintendo-platform brawlers of days gone by. It's said to feature "terrifying" bosses, 25 types of enemies, and six different islands to explore, with up to four players being able to play together in local multiplayer.
If you'd like a little more info, check out this description and feature list straight from the game's PR:
"When the aliens arrived, they didn’t come in peace. The invasion was immediate and so overwhelming that humans didn’t stand a chance. One thing it wasn’t though, was quiet… A terrible rumble from upstairs woke Rex up from her slumber. For millennia she was hibernating in his Cozy Cave but the incessant crescendo of the alien invasion was too much to sleep through. It was time for Rex to go upstairs and give her new neighbours a piece of his mind!"
- Vicious modern take on a classic brawler gameplay
- Tongue-in-cheek story with serious gameplay that’s easy to pick up
- Countless combos, swarms of enemies, 6 towering bosses and one very angry dinosaur!
- 6 different isles to explore from the ruins of human civilization to hazy jungle and frosty Arctic
- The perfect party game with drop-in coop up to 4 players
- A slick retro style with polygons as sharp as Rex’s teeth
- Plenty of Rex variants, each with unique moves and animations. Become a Gentleman Rex than quickly change to Punk Dinosaur or even crazy Ballerina style
- Fully destructible environment that will let you unleash your jurassic power… Roarr!
As mentioned above, Roarr! Jurassic Edition launches today on Nintendo Switch, available for $7.99 / £7.19.
Will you be keeping this one out of the reach of your children? Are you thinking of giving it a cheeky download as we speak? Let us know down below.