Originally set to launch in Q3 this year, the game's delay has apparently been caused by "an interdimensional attack", which we're sure translates roughly to "needing an extra couple of months to add those all-important final layers of polish". Since announcing the game earlier this year, 13AM tells us that Double Cross has undergone an art overhaul and received an update in its gameplay to improve the experience. The new trailer above has been released to show the game off in all its glory.
If you're unfamiliar with the game, Double Cross has players taking on the role of Zahra, an agent of R.I.F.T. whose job is to maintain peace and order between all dimensions. Players can collect a rare element called Upgradium to customise their character abilities, and these will be needed to gather the clues necessary to find the identity of an unknown attacker on R.I.F.T.'s headquarters.
- A unique “Proton Slinger” mechanic that allows diversity of movement throughout levels and the ability to grab and throw objects and enemies.
- Varied and upgradeable attacks and combos that have players using martial arts moves, fireballs and other special attacks.
- Collect a rare element called Upgradium to customise Zahra’s abilities such as equipping her with permanent fighting moves, stronger attacks and other valuable skills.
- Uniquely-developed levels that force players to use different mechanics to get through the levels
- Freedom to choose what order to play the levels.
- An intricate story engages players as they solve an interdimensional mystery with a diverse cast of characters.
- Visual novel elements to help players solve the greatest mystery in the multiverse.
- Slick 2D HD art that draws upon traditional gaming and anime style
Hopefully January will come around relatively quickly. Are you looking forward to playing this one?