Nintendo has shared an upcoming maintenance schedule for the Nintendo Network on Switch, revealing multiple sessions which could have minor impacts on online functionality for short bursts of time.
There are four sessions taking place over the next few days, each lasting for 1 hour 40 minutes. The only information provided says that "some network services may become unavailable", so it's impossible to know whether the work will only affect the eShop, online gaming, other services, or all of the above.
Here are the scheduled maintenance times:
North America (Pacific Time):
- 9th October (5:50 pm – 7:30 pm)
- 9th October (11:50 pm) – October 10 (1:30 am)
- 10th October (5:50 pm – 7:30 pm)
- 11th October (6:50 pm – 8:30 pm)
- 10th October (2:50 am – 4:30 am)
- 10th October (8:50 am – 10:30 am)
- 11th October (2:50 am – 4:30 am)
- 12th October (3:50 am – 5:30 am)
If you're planning to get some practice in for Splatoon 2, team up with your squad in Fortnite, or host your own Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament, you'd probably be wise to avoid these times just in case your play is interrupted.