Boom Ball: Boost Edition, a new Nintendo Switch exclusive game in the Boom Ball franchise, will be releasing on 11th October, it has been confirmed.
The title is said to be a "colourful game of brick-smashing ping pong", featuring explosive rectangular sheep, all sorts of silly antics, and multiball mayhem. This new Switch version will make full use of motion controls with the Joy-Con, and aims to offer an intuitive and user-friendly gameplay experience for players of all ages and experience levels.
Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at the game's developer, Virtual Air Guitar Company, has said that the “Joy-Con motion controls are accurate and snappy. They’re able to capture the tiniest of movements. Combined with dynamic HD rumble reactions and the new Boost power, hitting balls and blowing stuff up in Boom Ball: Boost Edition feels very physical and satisfying.”
- Cheerful arcade action with manic multiball mayhem
- Intuitive Joy-Con motion controls
- Instant two-player fun
- Can also be played anywhere with the touchscreen
- 50 scenic levels plus 10 bonus levels with extra challenge
- Boost power: Time your boosts perfectly for more speed and explosions
- HD rumble support
- Turbo Mode for the ultimate reaction challenge
- Supports TV mode, tabletop mode and handheld mode
As mentioned above, the game launches on 11th October and can be downloaded directly from the eShop for $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99.
Will you be giving this one a go when it arrives next week? Let us know with a comment.