From developer Onion Games, Black Bird is set to bring its retro-inspired, shoot 'em up, fairytale action to Nintendo Switch next week, it has been confirmed.
Black Bird is described as being "the story of a hapless child", following the tale of a young girl who dies one day on a street corner, only to be reborn as the ominous “BLACK BIRD”. The bird is one of the great calamities, spoken of in the kingdom since ancient times.
The game contains an intriguing mix of an eerie tale, dark, comical art, an operatic soundtrack (which actually reminds us of the wonderful sounds from Danny Elfman and Tim Burton movie collaborations) and frantic action taking place inside a fairytale world. Here's a little more information courtesy of the game's press release.
What is Black Bird?
- A dark fairytale told in beautiful pixel art!
- Game play synchronised with an operatic soundtrack!
- A story with multi-endings!
- A horizontally scrolling 2D shoot’em up!
- Play the secret-character-packed “true mode” after finishing normal mode!
The game is scheduled for release on 18th October on Switch, priced at $19.99 / €19.99.
Will you be firing this one up next week? Let us know your thoughts down below.