Merge Games has announced that Battle Group 2, an action-strategy title, will be releasing on Nintendo Switch next week.
The game puts you in control of an advanced naval fleet assembled as a last resort against a deadly new enemy. You'll be commanding powerful battleships and striking at the heart of this deadly new terrorist superpower; they've been striking against innocents and taking no prisoners in battle, so it's up to you to save the day.
Players must command the war against these advanced pirates with brand new Satellite Strikes and upgrades for their state-of-the-art battleships. As the commanding gunner of this advanced armada, it's your job to stop the terrifying new foe before it's too late. This lengthy feature list should give you all the information you need:
- Eight unlock-able ships - Earn new warships like the devastating Arsenal Prototype
- Amazing detail - All player and enemy aircraft are lovingly modelled after real-world blueprints
- Satellite Strikes - Bring your arsenal to the next level with nullifying EMP blasts and change the tides of war with experimental new Hyper-Time technology
- Fully developed campaign with over 30 new levels and challenging boss battles. Bring the war back to the Talon's doorstep - or die trying
- Procedurally generated level content and enemy formations keep even the most experienced gunner alert
- Wage war in three different theatres of combat: across jungle shores, in industrial ports and even deep in arctic seas. Enable night vision modes during intense midnight battles
- Next-gen UHD graphics - See the world rendered in incredible detail, coupled with a totally new menu system with satellite interface.
- Incredible music and sound - Plunge fully into the game world with professionally acted voice-overs and an epic soundtrack
The game launches on 11th October and will be available to download directly from the Switch's eShop for €9.99 / £7.99 (US details to be confirmed).
Will you be giving this one a go? Let us know your thoughts on Battle Group 2 in the comments below.