2Awesome Studio has announced its first game as a publisher, teaming up with Awfully Nice Studios to bring The Bug Butcher to Nintendo Switch this summer.
The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D side-scroller shoot 'em up game where your main threat comes from above. The core mechanics are heavily inspired by classic arcade shooter Super Pang, a game which tasked you with shooting vertically, but is said to come with its own modern day twists.
You play as Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs. The publisher has described the game as "pest control with machine guns in space", which we think is a rather nice way of putting it. Feast your eyes on the game's feature list, as well as a couple of screenshots, below.
- Chaotic, fast paced action shooting inspired by the arcade classic Super Pang!
- Play solo or in local co-op
- 30 levels and 5 Merciless boss fights crammed with relentless waves of bugs
- Online leaderboards and 3 difficulty modes offer the ultimate challenge
- Upgradeable Weapons and Power-ups to make any trigger happy player smile
- Handcrafted 2D graphics with explosion animations galore
-Developed by Awfully Nice guys, ported and published by 2Awesome dudes. Can't get better than that!
The trailer sure does look like this could be a lot of fun, but no specific release date has been given just yet despite the mention of 'summer 2018". Hopefully it'll land on the Switch's eShop soon.
Do you like the look of this one? Share your initial impressions with us below.