If couch co-op is your style of play, keep an eye out for Son of a Witch, arriving on the Switch eShop on 4th September. After three years of development the game will finally make its way to Nintendo's device, where the friendly co-op gameplay will be able to shine.
In celebration of the announcement, a new trailer for the game has been released highlighting the magic-themed hack and slash nature across the solo, co-op and multiplayer modes. Similar to other roguelikes, Son of a Witch promises plenty of replay value and is wrapped up in an adorable package for all ages and audiences.
Don't be fooled by the looks, as the developer Bigosaur ensures a game filled with "deep mechanics" that reward constant experimentation. There are also 120 unique weapons and items to use, with a small selection on offer in each run. Lastly, there's seven playable characters - all with different skill sets - and more than 20 bosses to beat and 30 pets to befriend. Below is a full list of the key features:
- Explore non-linear procedurally generated dungeons
- Fight your way through random encounters with monsters and a selection of 24 bosses
- Find shops, treasure rooms and challenge rooms
- Complete NPC quests to unlock playable characters
- Get help from one of 26 cute pet companions
- Drink random potions to power up or increase the challenge
- Identify and use powerful magic scrolls
- Every weapon has some unique ability or attack type
- Every item you find has its use or special mechanics
- Single player and up to 4 player co-op
- Three different play styles: melee beat'em up, magic shooter and archers sniping enemies from the distance
- Permadeath. A new world is created every time you start the game, so it's always fresh and interesting to explore
The original creator of the Son of a Witch was inspired by games like Castle Crashers and The Binding of Isaac.
Take a look at the game's trailer above and tell us in the if you're at all interested in playing this when it arrives on the Switch at the start of next month.